Question of the Day, Saturday, April 15

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend!

Last night, Rick and I enjoyed a bowl of ice cream in bed while watching Murphy Brown. I like to take a snack to bed while I'm reading or watching television and I do it often. I'm careful about not getting food on sheets, so it's not a problem. (I remember when I was little, Dad would come home from work on Sunday nights and make two sliced onion sandwiches: buttered bread and salted onion slices. He'd take them to bed, along with the Grit newspaper and read his paper and munch. Dad just loved his onions.)

Do you take a snack to bed sometimes? What do you snack on?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I don't take a snack to bed. My parents used to, would be reading in bed. I have a clear memory of going upstairs, passing their room and heard a voice say "Room service." So I asked what they wanted, went back to the kitchen, made two sandwiches and delivered them.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never!
Although my mother took chocolate, salted peanuts, crisps and even ice cream to bed with her, a fact we only found out when we were old enough to witness her going to bed, we were brought up to believe that the last thing one did at night was clean our teeth - no more passed our lips till breakfast.. Sweet cough syrup in the middle of the night may have been an exception when our coughing disturbed the peace. Even today, I have a choice: either take a snack to bed and get up to clean my teeth again or go without the snack and stay cosy in bed. I couldn't sleep otherwise - a moral code drilled into me too long ago to escape from now. So - no snacks in bed!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not at night; but every Sunday after church DH and I make something and prop up in bed with it together with the tv on. It’s become a few hours of “our” time. Usually its some kind of sandwich or leftovers. Its my day where I might make fried egg sandwiches with whole eggs instead of just egg whites.

I REALLY dislike feeling crumbs in bed so I’m careful about it. But its our most relaxing time of the week.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't ever snack in bed, I usually just have a bottle of water next to the bed. I don't get up for "midnight snacks" either just because I feel hungry. If I can't sleep I *might* go downstairs and snack on something while watching tv, but I'm more likely just to go to "Cricket's bed" and hang out with her and read a book.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't either. Alongside any potential mess of things like crumbs, I don't want dirty bowls/plates beside the bed overnight, affect my sleep quality (I will get restless or have weird/bad dreams) weight gain or have extra bad breath in the morning.

Plus all my little panthers and tigers would want a piece of the action I'm sure :lol: For instance my Bijou loves chips and crackers!

The only thing I take is either a can of club soda, a glass of water or a cup of tea.

To one's own of course! Everyone needs to unwind differently and that is what's important at the end of the day.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have a snack in bed...I'm almost ashamed considering nobody else seems too...:paperbag::lol:
I have to eat before bed otherwise I feel sick in the morning...usually starting at 4 am or so, and it's hard to sleep when you're nauseous.
And I don't get crumbs in bed...that would drive me nuts!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago when I was able to read books I would snuggle up in bed on Friday nights and read mostly short stories or mysteries. I would also snack on red licorice while I was reading. That was the only time I ever ate in bed. I also brushed my teeth before I fell asleep.

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I do not eat in bed. I do not care for the feel of crumbs in bed--- litter is bad enough!!:flail:
Hmm, you’re right - I get up and have a couple of choc-chip biscuits if I’m reading late enough to get hungry again, and the crumbs from those are definitely worse than the bits of tofu litter Phoebe sometimes scatters in the bed!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm almost ashamed considering nobody else seems too...
Since this question was posted I have been thinking about the movie Heartburn with Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson where they were eating Spaghetti Carbonara in bed. They weren't just snacking, they were eating a meal in bed, so you are in good company.