Question Of The Day. Saturday 7th Of April.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good Morning.

:hellosmiley:

It will soon be summer and that means day trips and longer holidays.

Are you going anywhere this year?

I have too many cats to take any over night trips, but I have a couple of day trips planned.

I'm going to Tokyo sometime this month to visit a few art galleries.

I'm going to Shizuoka, which is one the ocean side of Mount Fuji, so I can go horse riding by the sea.

I'm going to either Nagano or Hakuba to do a half day mountain hike.

Just got to get all the outdoor work finished first of all, then I can have a few well earned days out.

:hangin:

How about you, any travel plans?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, finally.
We're going to Turks and Caicos (exact area, Grace Bay) for 8 nights in June. While a bit worried about leaving the kitties (good friends will be living in the house/cat sitting at least), we are in dire need of just laying on a beach to relax. Quite excited for this vacation to say the least.

We have a couple of overnighters in NYC coming up also. Even though we live close by we enjoy taking a nice room for a night or two when we have tix to shows and stuff. Our catsitters, who are quite a bit younger than us, are always happy to have some alone time in a home other than their parents LOL.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It will soon be summer and that means day trips and longer holidays.
Sorry, I had to laugh when I read this as it's only 21F now and a forecast of snow tomorrow night. It should be spring here but obviously Mother Nature didn't get the memo. :rolleyes2:

However, I'm trying to be optimistic since the stores are selling garden supplies, outdoor furniture, sandals, etc. So for day long trips I can't wait to spend a day at the Botanic Garden, our favorite farmer's markets, art fairs or long walks along Lake Michigan. As for out of town trips we don't have anything scheduled yet but we're thinking about planning a trip this Fall.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lawton Oklahoma next weekend. And several other times this year.
St.Louis this summer.
Maybe Houston by the fall. But I'll make that trip in the truck.

I've been around the world a couple of times. Now I'm content with staying close to home. I got the next 6 months booked. Gotta stop letting my friends talk me into projects.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
South Africa! I'm going with my dad so my bf will watch Lelia, but I'm already worried she's going to think I've abandoned her. :frown:

I'm sure it'll be fine. It's just my first big trip since having a cat.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to dream all year (that's half the fun for me) of visiting my two favorite beaches at least once every summer by day trip here in the Northeast United States. They are Ogunquit Beach in Maine and Hampton State Beach in New Hampshire. Sometimes, I am adventurous and will just ride the coast for a short while north of Hampton Beaches and the ride is something to remember, always. When I visit these beaches, it seems my day is consumed walking the surf hoping to find shells and white stones for my collection and if I'm lucky, a sand dollar or beach glass. I have a jar of these stones from many seasons.

Mostly, I only go on short rides, which can really be a treasure if you take the back roads.

In any case, I hope to snap a few photos for my Friends to view here this summer!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to Provence in France in June; and then perhaps a short weekend away by the British coast later on in the summer. In the winter I'm likely going to Iceland.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am taking a cruise to Alaska in July. going with the entire family for my sister's 40th birthday
My hubby and I went on an Alaskan cruise in 2016. We really enjoyed it. There is a lot to see. If you can get a cabin with a balcony. We did this and got to see many things from our balcony.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking at going to the NC outer banks in September. September is a great time to go. After Labor Day, the rates drop significantly because school starts, which also means it is less crowded. Also it is still warm and there are fewer dangerous creatures in the water. Seriously, I would not want to go in August. Too hot and too much weird stuff in the water. There are folks on the roadside selling vegetables and fresh-caught seafood at reasonable prices. Yum! :woo:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want to take a long weekend down to Key Largo soon. I have been thinking of what I want to do after DD moves out. It will be the start of a new journey for both of us and I want my journey to go south to the Keys. I just don't know which one I will land on. Key Largo is a good option as it's not THAT far from Miami. It's just far ENOUGH.

BTW. It's already early summer here in south Florida.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
My hubby and I went on an Alaskan cruise in 2016. We really enjoyed it. There is a lot to see. If you can get a cabin with a balcony. We did this and got to see many things from our balcony.
Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it!

I did get a balcony. Lots of excursions planned too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We may do some local things; but DH doesn't often get vacation in the summer. But this summer is our 15th wedding anniversary; so maybe we will get to do something nice.

I'd really love to be planning a Disney trip; but I don't want to do that in the summer when it's hot. ;)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am going to Maui, which will be the first time away from the cats for more than three days. Little nervous about that one. Shorter day trips to San Diego, Phoenix, and I'd like to take a few others within a few hours drive of here. Maybe head up the coast a to Slovang.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think so. Most of our extra money was sunk into the bathroom, so I don't see any major trips for us this summer. I do have a Christmas club and that will probably go for a new front door, a new front storm door, a large window above said doors, and new basement windows. Home stuff never ends. But we'd like to get as much home remodeling done as we can before I retire in a couple of years.

And I need to start saving money to go to Louisiana next year. New Orleans, here we come!

I could be wrong. Sometimes Rick will say to me, "C'mon, let's go to......" and we'll have a nice, long weekend someplace.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Sounds like some fun trips being planned! :clap:

We have a couple of weekend trips planned in June—one for a wedding in the CA Central Valley and one to take my mom to see Tony Bennett at a vineyard venue near where she lives. Our big trip is in October—several days in the Galapagos and then a couple of days in Quito, Ecuador, for Day of the Dead.