Question Of The Day. Saturday 6th Of January

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
A medium size dog like a mix. My sister had this dog Lulu she was short hair black with white areas. She was the gentlest dog and I would like to have one if they were cat friendly. This dog wasn't hyper.
Didn't require alot of walking just knew how to keep itself entertained without wrecking the house...wish I had a photograph to show what I am talking about.....But other than that just cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes! Some cute little pygmy goats are just what I need to keep the weeds down around here.

Those are lovely dogs! My sister had a Vizsla/beagle cross called Story. Picture below.

Herds of longhorns and bison.
Ambitious! I like that.

Morgan Fairchild. She would be fun to pet,and loves cats.
:spew:

Yeah, OK then. If your landlord doesn't mind.

Easy question; a Blue Whale, of course.
I used to have one of those, but he swam away. Fickle beasts those blue whales are.

I mean, I've always thought giant pandas were cute...
NO! Pandas are basically slow moving grizzly bears in evening dress. Don't be fooled by their cuteness, they'll take your arm off.

:lol:

Wedding15.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Easy question; a Blue Whale, of course.
I used to have one of those, but he swam away. Fickle beasts those blue whales are.
Norachan Norachan - Kept her in a public ocean then, didn't you? There's your mistake, then. Given your initial premise, "If time, space, money and landlord restrictions were no object and you could get another pet, but not another cat, what kind of pet would you get..." it seems simple enough to keep a Blue Whale.

First, buy Europe and Asia, dispense with all those bothersome countries, and dig a new landlocked ocean:

eurasia.jpg

There then - and Bob's your uncle.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are such sweet dogs. Here in the U.S. they have programs for adopting retired racing Greyhounds. I hate everything about the race thing but there are programs that do a good job. They get them neutered. They then put them into a foster home where they learn about being in a home and being a pet. The two people that I knew that had a Greyhound got them that way.
We have charities like that in the UK, and it's where I'd go if I were getting a greyhound again. I'd love to be a foster mum for them too, but there's no way that would work right now :sigh:

I HATE the racing industry too (both canine and equine) :bat:

Pix never raced (at least, he had no ear tattoo) - he was found wandering the streets of London. I got him from Battersea Dog's Home (a huge London shelter). Poor little guy was around 9 months, we think, and had clearly been beaten/abused in his former life :(

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This might be slightly off topic but it's a great story.The closest thing we had to a "wild pet" was Mrs. Squirrel (Mrs. S). I called her Mama S. but I'll go into that more in a minute. This squirrel used to have her nest in a tree across the street from our backyard. My late DH was a true animal lover in every sense of the word. He kept jars of Planters lower sodium roasted peanuts out in the screen room behind the house where he used to sit in the evenings (they HAD to be the ones with less salt). He always fed the squirrels. This one got attached to him and used to get his attention by hanging on the screen. If that didn't work, she'd sit on the railing by the door and bang on the door. As soon as he got up, she'd jump down into the grass and wait for the feast. Finally, he started leaving the door open a bit and she would come in and sit by his feet. She took the peanuts from his hand, eat what she wanted and then go back and forth burying the rest. After a while, she moved her nest to the tree in our backyard. She had a litter of babies soon after. They quickly learned that he was a friend and went to him for food also. I fed them too but they always preferred him.

Why was she called Mrs. S? When I called her Mama S, he'd correct me. I finally asked him why he called her that. He looked at me as though I just grew a second head and said, "She has babies". I responded with, "So because she has babies, she must be married?" He sighed and said, "Yes". Um OK. I asked him where "Mr. S" was and who was it that performed the ceremony? Was it Reverend Blue Jay? :lol: He didn't appreciate that at all. I really miss that man. He was one in a million.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A pony or horse would be cool, but impractical in the city.

More practical, maybe a budgie or parrot. We had budgies years and years ago, and it was neat to learn that birds, like cats, each have their own personalities and quirks. Only problem, being tropical, they like warm temps, and now that I pay my own heat, my house wouldn't be warm enough for them in the winter time. :cold: