Question of The Day. Saturday 6th of February.

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I would ask Bud if he likes his toys and the way we play...well, I'm pretty sure he does, because he'd play with me for hours if I had the time, but as it is sometimes our play sessions go on for an hour or more.

But I would ask him what else he wants to do, what kind of food he wants, how he's feeling, and how he likes it in my house. I would also like to know what he's thinking when he gets in his crazy moods. Even though we play a lot, he gets those insane bursts of energy where he rockets around, trilling and meowing and making weird noises.

I would also like to tell him that I love him, that I'm his big buddy and this is his home forever, and I will never abandon him. And then I would give him a hug.

16. Do you REALLY think China is under your litter box?
Bud certainly does think he can get to China from his litterbox...he's a serious digger, although I'll take that any day over a cat who doesn't make an effort to bury his poop.

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, and I would also like to ask him if he wants a friend, another cat to share the house with. Sometimes I feel really bad that he's an "only cat" and hasn't socialized with another cat since his littermates when he was a baby. He's actually seen more dogs than cats since I adopted him.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a GREAT question and the #1 thing I'd ask them is:

What do you want to eat?

followed by:

Do you know how much I love you ? How happy you make me?

Is there anything I can do to make you as happy?

What do you really think of each other and the dog?

How would you feel if I brought home another cat who really needed us? Not me. US.  We're a family. All for one and one for all.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I would ask the kids if they're happy here. I'd really like to know if we're doing what we can to keep them happy and healthy. 

I would ask Mollipop and Muffin if they're ever going to get over themselves and try to deal with the situation. Nobody's going anywhere, so can they just try to get along? 

I would ask Jackie if she's OK. She went through a lot last year and we're trying so hard to make sure she has a lot of love and a lot of attention. I'd really like to know that she feels comfortable with us, that she's happy here and if she's OK living with the cats.
Mollipop (DD and my favorite cat name of all time BTW) and Muffin probably do that just to push your buttons. When you're not around, they are probably besties

I see this happening:

Mollipop: Hey Muffin, I think mom just got home. We need to stop snuggling and act like we hate each other

Muffin: Why? I'm comfortable

Mollipop: We need to keep her on her toes

Muffin: True. OK you windbag, let's go

Mollipop: WINDBAG? I'll show YOU a windbag you little shrew

Muffin: GAME ON

Last edited:

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would likely attempt to explain the very few rules I have, then ask her to repeat them to ensure that she remembers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I would likely attempt to explain the very few rules I have, then ask her to repeat them to ensure that she remembers.
Oh, she remembers. She just doesn't feel like keeping them, that's all. 

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somewhere north of Mexico and on the ocean.
What you all have said

And I would thank her, and tell her how grateful I am to have such a snuggle-kitty.

Just general things would be like Do I move too much at night--s that why she doesn't stay in the bed? Why does she purr pretty much only when she wants food? Does she dislike the tuxedo cat who comes through the yard, or is it that she wants to get to know him? Does she want me to chase him away? What does she see when she yowls and looks around? Does she feel okay--is she sick/in pain/happy/sad/frustrated? Why does she have a hard time getting along with other people? Why can't she get along with the dog--he would be so happy about that? How does she see me? And what she thinks of being an indoor kitty...I'd want to know if she feels isolated as an only kitty, and if she'd be okay if one day, there's maybe another kitty or even a puppy. I'd want to know what she dreams about and what makes her smile. I'd want to know if she thinks about the future or the past or if she's living in the present..

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's one or two that haven't been enforced until recently, as they haven't been an issue until now. Like, "don't jump on the tv stand or the coffee table", and "don't spray mama".

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does she dislike the tuxedo cat who comes through the yard, or is it that she wants to get to know him? Does she want me to chase him away?
I could ask Ruby that exact same question, as we too have a tuxedo cat that wanders through our yard, and when Ruby sees it she rushes from window to window glaring at it and smacking her tail against the window ledge.  I too don't know if that means she wants to be friends or she wants it out of her yard.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd ask them if they are happy and if they are feeling ok.  Also what they are thinking when they stare into space!

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somewhere north of Mexico and on the ocean.

I could ask Ruby that exact same question, as we too have a tuxedo cat that wanders through our yard, and when Ruby sees it she rushes from window to window glaring at it and smacking her tail against the window ledge.  I too don't know if that means she wants to be friends or she wants it out of her yard.
Exactly! The tail starts swishing, and she's standing up on the window sill. Sometimes, I think he's taunting her. He lays on his back, cleaning himself--while she's getting completely stressed. If he comes by, it's between 7am and 9am, so the first thing she does is stare out the window.

I have gone out there--he's always gone by the time I get out there--and then my cat is meowing at me from the window.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would ask them if there was anything they need/like that they don't have now.

I would ask Desmond exactly what he is always talking to me about and why he will lay down next to me until I open my eyes and he jumps off.

I would ask Milo if he misses the family that gave him up and what imaginary games he is always playing.

I would ask Farrah what it was like living in a hoarding situation and if she will ever transition from kibble to wet food.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would tell our jaspurr all the things i do now, just to make sure he knows -- how much i love him and always will 
, that i'll always take good care of him (even as he gets older, and/or medical issues come up), and what a wonderful boy he truly is. then i'd ask him if he's happy here with me? and with his new girls?

i'd ask all three cats what their lives previous to joining me in our home was like. and is there anything they'd like -- specific food(s), toys, etc.

i absolutely know for certain that all three cats love me.