Question Of The Day. Saturday 3rd Of March.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It feels like spring is finally here. :woo:As well as all the other great things about spring I really like the fact that I can now open the windows for a few hours every day and let some fresh air in while I clean.

Do you spring clean?

I'm a bit of a neat freak, so I vacuum twice a day and mop all the floors at least once a day anyway. All the cat bedding, human bedding, sofa throws and stuff goes through the wash once a week. Spring gives me a chance to put all the curtains through the wash and drag all the rugs outside for a good airing too.

Somehow the spring sunshine finds all those dust bunnies that I've missed over the past few months. At least having the windows open for a bit means they get blown out of their hiding places and swept up.

How about you, any big cleaning projects coming up?

:bunnydance:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. It's not time yet around here, probably not until the middle of April or so, til we can really have the windows open for hours on end. One of my projects will be to clean out the closet in the computer room and I'm thinking that will pretty much be an all-day thing. Another one is to clean out the basement; we're thinking of having a yard sale this summer, so we have to start going through boxes of stuff. It's a good way to figure out what to keep, what to throw, what to use for a sale, etc.

Rick will be going to States (bowling) in April for a weekend; that will be my cleaning frenzy.

He will be taking a weekend to steam-clean the living room carpet and furniture and the kitchen floor (shhh, he doesn't know it yet! :)). Get the drapes to the cleaners. And it's past time to re-paint the living room; that needs to be done.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't do a spring cleaning, but i do have cleaning projects throughout the year. i'm currently working on reorganizing the upright freezers. and it's about time again to declutter the kitchen counters. i'll also be cleaning the wood stove chimney pipes, once we've finished using it this spring. and i'll switch the winter bedding over to lightweight summer bedding in late spring. i'll do a thorough vacuuming and will steam clean the areas of vinyl tile flooring that aren't covered with rugs.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do Spring clean (my mother was the most awesome Spring cleaner, she learned from her Grandmother and she would pass it on to me). The difference for me this year is I want to start now because I work so many hours, if I wait for Spring this year, I get out to the yard too late in the season. I must admit, it is a lot to keep up with for me, but I do what I can. :wave3:

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have to be in the right mood to clean and don't have a particular time of year for big projects. I'd love for DH to declutter it would make cleaning much easier - he is the collector, not me. :rolleyes:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I so need to do spring cleaning in my truck. There is so much stuff in here. Too many dvds,cds,magazines and books. OMG...the canned food stuffs! Too many clothes.

Nevermind. I'm going to bed. I'll do it tomor...um,next week....ok,never.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to rooms that are out of control right now. One is my computer room upstairs and one is the office room downstairs where his desk top computer is. When we get done with taxes next week, I want to get both rooms cleaned. He loves to sit in the double recliner in the living room with his laptop and watch TV. I want to get my computer room in shape so I can move him to one of the sofas upstairs and let him watch TV and use his laptop on a sofa that is not leather. I can just leave a spread over it all the time.
He forgets to put a spread over the leather and it is not a good place to sit in shorts with sweaty legs from outside. :lol:

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
It feels like spring is finally here. :woo:

Oh, yes, definately. Check out this lovely spring snow we just got... (this is the view outside my window) :flail::crackup::bawling2::bawling:
image.jpg

Ok, anyways... We do a bit of spring cleaning here and there, and this year we will be changing up the bedrooms during spring break. Repainting the walls, new decorations... It's going to be fun!

Hopefully the snow melts away soon!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely hate clutter and anything laying around that shouldn't be there. So, no, I clean all the time. The weather in AZ (even in the mountains) is usually warm enough to have a window open in the winter, so airing the house is done year round. There are those times when we get lots of snow and the temp is only around 8° F, but that doesn't last long. (right now it's 65°)
Don't get the idea I am a clean freak, part of the problem with living in a high wind desert is that you can't keep on top of the dust. Everything has dust and that can't be stopped.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. I'm too darn tired most of the time to do regular cleaning, let alone spring cleaning. I want to, if I could just find the energy for it (or get a little help, maybe?)

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like cleaning but I do it as it needs to be done. 8 cat household here and 1 inside dog so plenty of fur to clean up. :gaah: