Question of The Day. Saturday 3rd of July

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Late question again today, I'm sorry!

It's coming up to Tanabata in Japan soon. For those who don't know, Tanabata is all about a prince and a princess, separated lovers, the milky way and getting your wish granted. Here's a video with the whole story.

Children in Japan write their wishes on a piece of paper, attach them to a dried stalk of bamboo and then, on July 7th, the bamboo bundles are burnt so that their wishes are carried up to the stars with the smoke. The bamboo decorations are really pretty.

1625394182879.png

So, if you could have a tanabata wish granted, what would you ask for?

I wouldn't wish anything for myself, but I'd wish that my cat, Happy, gets over the problems she's been having with her eye soon.

:crossfingers:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To win the MegaMillions or Powerball lottery and move the cats and I into town, in our own home with a washing machine that I can use. I would live in walking distance of Walmart and the restaurants, so I wouldn't have to drive much, if at all. We would live happily ever after with me being a stay at home cat mom and taking care of our home. Everything would be spotless & clean! :cloud9:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
On a personal level, a handyperson. I would love someone to help me to make my garden absolutely stunning and help with house maintenance.
On a global level, no more covid!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Easy - the boss and AD of my previous job starts their own company and hires the entire team to work for them. We had an awesome team :hearthrob: Even though the company laid us off, we still keep in touch with each other via Zoom and a private LinkedIn group. It would be so awesome to work with all of them again :clap:

Something more realistic - a new job with a good overall compensation package and there actually is a life-work balance and no daily crap.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I would wish for a long, healthy, happy life for me and my husband, and a peaceful end. To be content is elusive at times, and sometimes we forget that just being happy and alive is enough. Look around you in this world and see how very lucky you really are......
This is exactly what I was thinking but you worded it so eloquently that I couldn't have said it better myself. :hugs:

I often hear people wish for material things and forget about the importance of a happy, healthy and content life. What they don't realize is that the inanimate objects have no meaning and don't bring you joy if you are not well. I remember my favorite aunt saying over and over again that money can't buy you health. 😉 And the people in your life that you love, including your pets, bring you happiness.🤗 So my wish would be for my family and I to be healthy and happy for the rest of our lives.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally agree. We get so involved in making lots of money..... for what? To leave to our kids so they will never know the joy of really earning, waiting for something? Life is hard, but life's lessons are never learned when it is too easy.....we haven't had a real vacation in twenty years. And my kids, who have new cars and horrendous house payments and are always whining about their bills, are off to Mexico last week, and 2000 miles away the month before. Germany last year. I guess paying off your house and all your bills is no longer a priority in today's society, like it was in ours. Instant gratification is the norm.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
In some ways it can...make you healthy & safe and lift you from poverty.
I agree to a point, if you are pro-active, take care of yourself and listen to your doctor then you can treat certain health symptoms/problems when they arise. However, speaking from personal experience, one of my daughters has a life-threatening illness that has no cure and she is not alone. She was diagnosed as a child and I was her advocate. I did my research, took her to the best children's hospital, fought like "hell" with the insurance companies to cover our bills and took a long leave of absence from work in order to give her the best possible care. She has exceeded the doctor's expectations but without a cure her life is in limbo. So, yes, in some ways money can help regarding your health but in other ways not. :frown:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan I meant to say how much I loved your story of Tanabata. I did not know about it before but will definitely remember it now. Thanks for the heartwarming video. 🤗

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wish for no more war, enough food for everyone on earth and good health care for those who need it.
I wish my Vincie girl was still with me and my pain levels could be lower. I am very lucky to have the sweetest,
most adorable cat-daughter, Cal, in the world

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Late question again today, I'm sorry!

It's coming up to Tanabata in Japan soon. For those who don't know, Tanabata is all about a prince and a princess, separated lovers, the milky way and getting your wish granted. Here's a video with the whole story.

Children in Japan write their wishes on a piece of paper, attach them to a dried stalk of bamboo and then, on July 7th, the bamboo bundles are burnt so that their wishes are carried up to the stars with the smoke. The bamboo decorations are really pretty.

View attachment 386822

So, if you could have a tanabata wish granted, what would you ask for?

I wouldn't wish anything for myself, but I'd wish that my cat, Happy, gets over the problems she's been having with her eye soon.

:crossfingers:
What's wrong with Happy's eye

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peace and harmony.

On a side note... I was looking through sample pages from workbooks online this afternoon and there was a little paragraph about Tanabata in one. What are the chances that would come up right after you posted this in time for it? :lol: