Question of The Day. Saturday 3rd of December

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That song gets stuck in my head all the time but it's the part "and it goes like this/the fourth, the fifth/a minor fall and a major lift/the baffled king composing Hallelujah
It's such a gorgeous song. I find myself humming the first verse in my head until "But you don't really care for music do you."  

Unlike this one 

Last edited:

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The song that has been stuck in my head of late is "Don't go" at least I think that is the name of the song. It is a Led Zepplin song,the verse I play over and over in my mind is " but I still love you so and I can't let you go, I love you oh baby I love you" I think it is in my mind because of the sudden death of my cat Desmond. Having a hard , hard time with it. Dreaming that I am looking for him and can't find him. That song has been in my mind every day for weeks.

Funny that others mention Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, that song has been stuck in my head so many times through the years. I love that song

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The song that has been stuck in my head of late is "Don't go" at least I think that is the name of the song. It is a Led Zepplin song,the verse I play over and over in my mind is " but I still love you so and I can't let you go, I love you oh baby I love you" I think it is in my mind because of the sudden death of my cat Desmond. Having a hard , hard time with it. Dreaming that I am looking for him and can't find him. That song has been in my mind every day for weeks.

Funny that others mention Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, that song has been stuck in my head so many times through the years. I love that song
The song is D'yer Mak'er off Houses of the Holy

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Desmond

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Oddly enough, "Hallelujah," the Leonard Cohen version that says, "I don't know where it all went wrong/ but I'll stand before the Lord of Song/ with nothing on my lips but Hallelujah"
Yes.  
   I've had Hallelujah in my head since Leonard Cohen died.   

I'm afraid to click on some of the links you all have provided because if I get some weird thing in my head like "I have an apple.  I have a pen.  UHHHH.  Apple-pen!"  (thanks @Norachan
 I will just shoot myself.  

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid to click on some of the links you all have provided because if I get some weird thing in my head like "I have an apple.  I have a pen.  UHHHH.  Apple-pen!"  (thanks @Norachan
 I will just shoot myself.  

Yes.  
   I've had Hallelujah in my head since Leonard Cohen died.   
His last album, You want it darker, is beautiful. It's on youtube if you want to listen before you commit

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

His last album, You want it darker, is beautiful. It's on youtube if you want to listen before you commit
I have listened to You Want it Darker on youtube.  It is beautiful.  It is almost hypnotic, I ended up listening to it 3 times.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by moorspede  

I have listened to You Want it Darker on youtube.  It is beautiful.  It is almost hypnotic, I ended up listening to it 3 times.
I've just listened to it all the way through again.  Beautiful.