Question Of The Day. Saturday 31st Of March

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello, Happy Saturday.

:wave3:

Do you shop online? What was the last thing you bought?

I buy most of my cat food online, as well as all the flea and worming meds they need. It works out a lot cheaper than buying it at a store and it's convenient to have it delivered right to my door. No need to struggle home on the bus with kilos of canned goods.

The last thing I bought was a role of wire mesh fencing. I revamped the enclosure last year, but I didn't quite have enough fencing wire to do the bottom corner. After a winter of heavy snow there are a few places that need repairing, so I decided it was time to buy another roll and finish the job. It should be here next week, that's my day off taken care of.

How about you, what did you buy?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bath soap was the last thing I brought online. I would like to start buying cat food online if someone could give me some good places to order. That stuff is just too heavy for me to carry and getting it cheaper is an added bonus.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago, I swore I would never shop online as I have made my living since 1985 in stores, all in the physical locations. However, I find myself now preferring and having better luck shopping online. My vet offers pharmacy services to get Speedy's Revolution treatment and toothpaste online. I need special shoes and compression hosiery that are only available online in my case.

I do still get my prescriptions at my local pharmacy because they are so wonderful there.
I buy all my groceries in the market.
I am fortunate that I can get a lot of supplies in my work at a very nice discount offered to me as an employee.:)

At this point in my Life, I only like to have as few items of clothing as possible, it is easier for me to keep track of, but I do buy them online because the selection is wider and I don't have to spend any more hours than needed these days in the stores.:dunno::)

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to shop online, especially for clothes. My size is unusual, and it's easier to find online.

The last thing I bought was a book on Amazon. I'm an early cinema buff, so I found a book about Edison's Kinetoscope.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We shop online ALL the time. Anytime both of us can avoid walking into a store is a good day.
Last thing I purchased was from both Macy's and William Sonoma. I have a load of kitchen items which are way past their prime and needed replacing. Macy's has awesome sales - I paid only $48 in total for a new boning knife, collapsible colander and a new pair of locking tongs. At WS, a couple of other needed replacements that Macy's doesn't sell plus...a new waffle iron that was deeply on sale. Our old one was decades old and sometimes sparked pulling the plug out. It was time.

We buy all our cat food and litter online (Chewy, BEST return system EVER). Like Norachan Norachan mentioned, better someone else drags those heavy boxes up to the doorstep than us.

The only things I go to the store for are groceries (I have used online systems for delivery if ill) and medications. Or if we have an emergency need for something. Everything else, for the most part, can be purchased online with some planning.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shop online for litter and cat food at Chewy.com. The last thing I bought online was Foo Fighter tee shirts ( boy friend bought them, I placed the order ). If I see something advertised that I want, I look on Amazon to see if it's cheaper, and to read the reviews of things.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time. The last thing I bought was..............cat food. As an aside, Oliver is on Hills prescription ID dry food and from the vet it costs £18 for 1.5 kg. On Zooplus it costs £30 for 5kg which is quite a saving.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bath soap was the last thing I brought online. I would like to start buying cat food online if someone could give me some good places to order. That stuff is just too heavy for me to carry and getting it cheaper is an added bonus.
i buy my cat food online, from chewy dot com. it gets delivered to my door. i always make sure to order the minimum for free shipping. i also use the 'autoship' program, which can save some money. it's easy to edit the autoship(s) that we set up, change the next ship date or tell it to 'ship now', and change the item(s) in the autoship(s) that we have set up.

i order cat litter from walmart dot com. i either order it to be shipped to home or 'site-to-store (it gets shipped to my local walmart, and i go pick it up) -- it depends on whether they have my cat litter preference available for free shipping to home with the price being the same as for store pickup. if they have it set online that the litter costs less to pick it up at the store, then i'll order it online, site-to-store, and will go pick it up when i get the email saying my order is ready for pick up. if they offer the same price for cat litter shipped to home, i'll go ahead and order it that way -- making sure to meet the minimum for free shipping.

and......yes, i do shop online. my last order was cat litter!! :purr:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last items I ordered were summer shirts from Kohl's. I was disappointed with two of them and plan to return them to the store. I've been disappointed a lot with the quality of some of the clothes I've ordered, so I plan to hike it to the stores for a while. It's costly to return items by mail, and a waste of money if they have to be given away.

I've ordered a lot online, including groceries. It's a boon for those who can't do all the walking and shopping.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I buy everything I can online. Clothes,books,dvds,guitar gear(used on other forums),stuff for the truck,you name it. Ebay,Amazon,kingsize,etsy.

When I am home i don't have time to shop. I just wanna pet cats,eat good food and watch tv and relax. The last things i ordered were guitar picks,strings and dvds from Amazon.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i buy my cat food online, from chewy dot com. it gets delivered to my door. i always make sure to order the minimum for free shipping. i also use the 'autoship' program, which can save some money. it's easy to edit the autoship(s) that we set up, change the next ship date or tell it to 'ship now', and change the item(s) in the autoship(s) that we have set up.

i order cat litter from walmart dot com. i either order it to be shipped to home or 'site-to-store (it gets shipped to my local walmart, and i go pick it up) -- it depends on whether they have my cat litter preference available for free shipping to home with the price being the same as for store pickup. if they have it set online that the litter costs less to pick it up at the store, then i'll order it online, site-to-store, and will go pick it up when i get the email saying my order is ready for pick up. if they offer the same price for cat litter shipped to home, i'll go ahead and order it that way -- making sure to meet the minimum for free shipping.

and......yes, i do shop online. my last order was cat litter!! :purr:
Thanks for the info on Chewy. Most people here seems to like it. It will be so nice to have things delivered to my front door instead of me trying to get someone to take me to the store.

Lilacat >(^.^)<

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I shop online all the time for as many items as I can.

I buy my groceries, perishables, & prescriptions in store here, but as I use a mobility scooter, I like as many things delivered to my door as possible.

I am in a small city in Canada, & I find many things online not available here.

Winters are not scooter friendly so I need to use the go-bus service for shopping & don't want to carry a lot on that.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I buy litter from Chewy.com so I don't have to carry it out to the car and then up the stairs to my second floor apartment. I do a combination of online and in store shopping. I buy clothes and shoes in store. I have tried online but have had issues with fit so I went back to in store. I tend to buy things that I don't want to hassle with carrying in online. My microwave went out on me a couple of weeks ago, it was 15 years old, and I ordered one from Amazon. I also buy things that aren't readily available in store online, the store will just have to order it anyway. I needed a new strap for a Coach purse and I ordered it online.

I would say I do about a half and half between online and in store.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy almost all my cat food in stores except for Mouses. I can only get her special food online at chewy or amazon. That was her food that was my most recent purchase. I buy litter in large lots every two weeks so I buy that instore. I do buy their medicines and flea drops online.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't enjoy shopping, but I still prefer to buy most things in person. I shop online when it's not something I can get easily in the store. I prefer seeing the things I buy, I guess.

Today I just ordered a new phone case (I don't have the newest or most popular brand, so online is the only place I'll get a replacement) and decided to splurge on this 5 multipack of Da Bird/Cat Catcher refills since I can only find the feathers at the store and am not in need of another wand yet.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course I shop online!! I love my Amazon subscribe and save. The last thing I bought online was cat food from Chewy. A case of Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein canned turkey pate and a case of American Journey chicken pate. They have this for 50% off your first case or bag of dry so I got the case for $11.49. I needed something to get to the $49 for free shipping so it worked out perfectly.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pretty much the only thing I don't buy online is food and gummy vitamins. Just had too many damaged attempts for those two. Everything else I may go to a store if I want to see it in person first or am already going for something else. Clothes and shoes I tend to buy the first time in person to check size and fit. Then duplicates or variations online.

Last purchase was a book for a signing I am going to next month.