Question of the Day, Saturday 31 December, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!! Bye, Bye, 2022 and good riddance!!

tell us some dips snacks you like or what you will be having tonight

Steaks and shrimp, blue cheese dip, wings, etc 🐖

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make a killer dill pickle cheese ball/dip. It's now my go to when asked to bring snacking food/hors-d'oeuvres anywhere. I already made it for Christmas so won't be making it for tonight. I do love a good spinach dip and Mexican dip too. And I always look forward to bacon wrapped water chestnuts over the holidays, Mom always makes them...but again, we're not having those tonight.
We're not having anything special tonight, just the last of the leftovers...tonight is meat pie, not sure what I'll make with it yet.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I usually make the Big Sandwich for NYE. But I'm making a simple ham and cheese stromboli tonight. We'll have chilled shrimp and I'm doing Louisville wings in the NFG.

We're not having this tonight, but I love a good Buffalo chicken dip. I really like Ina Garten's Fried Onion Dip, but made with way less oil and butter and chopping the onions to avoid the glop of onion slices. Anything with blue cheese.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm planning to try a new zucchini hummus to dip raw veggies in.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
we dont do fancy stuff , he has to work until 11pm tonite ... im wanting to get food from dairy queen lol

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy New Year to all! 🎉

We have no plans at all, usually don't. My husband, as much as he says that he wants to see the new year in, most likely will fall asleep by 9pm. I'll follow about an hour later lol.

I'm making Babyback ribs for dinner. They are in the crockpot slow cooking and will finish them with BBQ sauce and put them under the broiler to crisp up the outside a bit. Probably will do baked potatoes or French fries with them since both are no-fuss. I also have husked fresh corn as a side. I'm hesitant on their quality since it's not in season but figured I'd take the chance. Worst comes to worse and they don't taste as good as we'd like, I'll pull off the kernels and use it for some other recipe.

Bought a mini Gingerbread layer cake with whipped cream layers. Looks good!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I decided to have nachos for dinner tonight, with salsa on the side for dipping.

Not having it tonight, but the only other dip I really like is hummus.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
A 9 year old just visited for 3 days and cleared out my fridge! So, whatever’s left…I see a jar of asparagus spears, a bag of hickory nuts, and knob of ginger.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not really planning on anything, but my favorite dip is spinach-artichoke or this really awesome slow-cooker queso. I also have a neat go-to home made cheeseball that's really good (roll it in bacon!).

The queso works in one of those mini crockpots that you sometimes get as a freebie with a larger one.
Ingredients:
4 oz Swiss cheese (shredded or cubed)
4 oz Monterey Jack cheese (shredded or cubed)
4 oz green chiles (chopped)
1/4 c bacon (fried and chopped)
3 T heavy cream
1 T butter
1/2 t black pepper.

Chuck it all into the mini crockpot, stir after about 45 minutes, give it another 15 or so before eating. (If you make in a larger crockpot, use low)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always have an assortment of goodies before the big meal...salami,pepperoni,soprasatta and capicola,blue cheese,super sharp cheddar,garlic and chive goat cheese and an assortment of crackers,spinach and artichoke tzatziki with sliced cucumber.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We always have an assortment of goodies before the big meal...salami,pepperoni,soprasatta and capicola,blue cheese,super sharp cheddar,garlic and chive goat cheese and an assortment of crackers,spinach and artichoke tzatziki with sliced cucumber.
Lizzie.hat sounds amazing!!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I decided to see the year out with ice cream. :biggrin:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ended up at my sisters house for dinner last night my neice baked chocolate chip cookies that my bro in law and i spooned right off the cookie tray to eat when they were fresh out of the oven and still all soft and gooey if that counts :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I make a killer dill pickle cheese ball/dip. It's now my go to when asked to bring snacking food/hors-d'oeuvres anywhere. I already made it for Christmas so won't be making it for tonight. I do love a good spinach dip and Mexican dip too. And I always look forward to bacon wrapped water chestnuts over the holidays, Mom always makes them...but again, we're not having those tonight.
We're not having anything special tonight, just the last of the leftovers...tonight is meat pie, not sure what I'll make with it yet.
Jem.

Could you tell us the recipe for the dip?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you tell us the recipe for the dip?
I don't have exact measurements for it so you'll have to play around to get the texture and flavor you like best.

One package of cream cheese
2 or 3 tablespoons of Miracle Whip
a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
about 3 green onions finely chopped
about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese
about 4 or 5 dill pickles - amount depends on size - finely chopped

Put everything except pickles in a food processor - have at her until it's mixed well.
transfer to a bowl and stir in pickles
Then either form into ball or log and wrap in wax paper to chill or put in your "dip bowl" and chill. Can be made ahead of time...its actually a bit better if it sits for several hours for the pickle flavor to really get in there.