Question of The Day. Saturday 30th of January.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

It's almost the end of January. Those of us in the Northern Hemisphere are getting a little bit closer to spring.

If you could have one super power, what would you have? What would you do with it?

I'd like to have the power to control time. I'd make it go really slowly when I first wake up, so I have plenty of time to get ready in the morning and wouldn't ever have to worry about being late again. Then I'd make up for this by making time go faster in the afternoon, so the time to finish work comes around sooner.

I'd also like to be able to travel forward and backwards in time. I'd nip forward a few weeks, jot down the winning lottery numbers then come back to the present and buy a lottery ticket. I'd also go back in time so I could see my Rainbow Bridge cats and give them all a hug.

How about you?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I thin either to be invisible or to have x-ray vision. :nod:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Fly
- See the future
- Time travel
- Heal the sick
- Go Invisible
- Be able to tell when someone is lying

And be able to magicaly find whatever I need to find quickly. Like if I can't find hairclips, my phone, the remote, a book or whatever, have special spidey alert coloured senses that tell me instantly where something is 
 I hate losing things and trying to find them! 

And just for fun, maybe be able to control something - like telekinesis or control fire or water.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'd like to be able to teleport or just walk through walls. Or do things as fast as my brain thinks them! Being invisible and flying are pretty cool to though.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Being able to heal the sick (cats included)

Being able to speak to animals

Flying 

Super mental powers - memory, logic etc.

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like to gain wealth to help the poor, disabled, sick, and shelter forgotten animals. I am very poor. Made great money in my life but spent it on ways that made me happy. Fortunately I can honestly say a lot went to others whether they were 2 or 4 legged. For the money I spent there I regret none. For the some money wasted in my youth I do regret. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really do not know what super powers I would want.....

Personally, I would like to have enough money, so that I can be financially secure for the rest of my life~~not rich, but just to be happy, feeling safe and secure;  then I would donate the rest of it to charities...lots of them---animals and people..

I guess I would like the ability to help people and animals (cats) feel better about themselves, physically and mentally...

I would love to comfort each and every one...to be able to help heal people...and animals..

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love to be able to speak cat...and dog...and horse. It would be wonderful to truly know what goes on inside their heads sometimes...and I'd love to know what happened to Asha before I found her.

Being able to teleport would be pretty great too.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
shape-shift into various animals... so I can fly.. and swim deep oceans.. and defend myself when needed.. and run.. everything.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to have the ability to grant wishes!

(of course, I would have a clause in there saying that if I grant your wish, you have to grant mine! LOL Just covering all my bases!)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Healing and "the Doolittle Syndrome."  (so i could talk to the animals....)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Healing and "the Doolittle Syndrome."  (so i could talk to the animals....)
I thought about that one and it would be good to know what the cats want for meals but I don't think I'd want to know what ALL animals would say. If animals could talk, most people would be vegan. Imagine what a dairy cow would have to say.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I thought about that one and it would be good to know what the cats want for meals but I don't think I'd want to know what ALL animals would say. If animals could talk, most people would be vegan. Imagine what a dairy cow would have to say.
Oh, Lordy.  You're absolutely right.   

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I see your point, but I'm one of those weirdos who believes that plants have as much consciousness as animals, they only communicate in a way that we can't comprehend.  That being the issue, I eat what I want/need, but with mindfulness and gratitude.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, all of the above?

Flying, time travel, healing, talking to animals, teleporting/telekinesis, all wonderful. I'm not so sure about shape-shifting — what happens to the extra or missing mass?, and clothing?, and what if you got stuck?.

I grew up on the Dr. Doolittle books. The mother of a friend once asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up and I said that I wanted to figure out how to talk to animals. She gave me a huge lecture about how wicked it is to "waste" one's God-given abilities on something so "trivial." I never much liked that woman, and felt rather sorry for my friend for having her as a mother.

If you're worried about what the cow would say, think for a minute what your cat would say if you told her exactly where her beef comes from! Sca-a-ary...

Margret

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to have plenty of money to keep me comfortable through my old age and I'd like my house to always be clean and tidy and the fridge full without me having to do anything.