Question Of The Day. Saturday 30th Of December

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning, last Saturday of the year.

:hyper:

What were the highlights of 2017 for you?

I had several high points. First of all I started practicing yoga much more seriously this year and was able to do some asanas that I'd never tried before. There are a lot of really beautiful poses that I can't do yet, but I was really happy about finally being able to do some of the arm balances I've been working on, as well as being able to transition from an arm balance into a headstand. I'm nowhere near as graceful as I'd like to be, but it's a start.

Another high point was going to a trekking center that specializes in Mongolian style horse riding. It was a really lovely place, high up in the mountains of Nagano. We rode some sweet little native Japanese ponies and could see the Southern and the Northern Japanese alps. We're planning to go back there in February and try horse riding in the snow.

:bliss:

The best part of 2017 was, of course, cat related. None of my cats went missing or passed away this year. (I have quite a big colony, so keeping them all is an achievement.) I helped a friend TNR a colony of cats and get them all into a private shelter where they will be able to spend the rest of their lives. I was lucky enough to be able to foster four orphaned kittens. They were just little fuzzy blobs when they first turned up, but now they are gangly 14 week old hell raisers.

They are all going to be spayed and neutered next month and have places lined up in a Cat Cafe after that.

Fuzzy Little Blobs.

NewKittens21.jpg

Teenage Hell Raisers.
NewKittens180.jpg

How about you? What made 2017 special?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my very first kitty! That was definitely a highlight.

I also went to Italy (before the cat) and celebrated my one year anniversary with the bf.

Oh, and I started tap dance lessons, which I've been wanting to do for years. I'm not very good, but I'm learning and it's fun.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweet little bunch of cats.

Honestly, 2017 has been a tough year for me. There was a death in my family of someone very close to me and very special in my heart. I have tried to move on, but it is still tough. Beyond that, I can say the best thing is that my husband and I are still in excellent health. We are still able to walk every day and do the things we want to do. Neither of us has to take medicine, which is a blessing for people our age. For all of that, I thank God. Our one cat, Snoop has not had any problems, sicknesses, etc. He is a precious member of our family.
My children and their families are all doing well. They have jobs, are warm and well fed and a wonderful part of our lives.
I am very much looking forward to the New Year. May it be a blessed one for all of us.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the Czech Republic and Austria :cloud9:

Tippy Toes and Meadow came into my life.

I started teaching 4-5 year olds ballet for the first time. I was nervous as they were the youngest I've ever taught, and I'm not a lover of being around children/don't consider myself a natural with them :paperbag: but it turned out well, thankfully! And always grateful to be have been given the opportunity.

Long story, but this fellow whom I fancied for awhile contacted me directly.

2017 had offered some stressful periods of course, but it is nice to be reminded of the good stuff too! Good call on the Q :thumbsup:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overall it's been a good year. My son got a car and is registered for college. He will start in January. He decided on a major in psychology and a minor in linguistics. I'm so proud of him.
Also found out that I have stage 2 CKD. It has been hard not being able to take any meds for my migraines, but I will get through that.
Also, got to save my two precious kittens when they were 10 days old. They aren't so small anymore. They are 9 months now and Samai is topping 12 lbs.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The main highlight of 2017 for me was definitely getting my two kittens! I can't imagine life without them, and I've only had them for two weeks.

I'm due to attend university next September and another highlight was getting an offer from one of my choices. It wasn't my top choice, but it feels reassuring and like hard work has paid off knowing that I have at least one university I can go to. I'm still waiting for my other four choices to accept/decline me.

Another highlight was that our family gained a new human member too - my little cousin was born two weeks before Christmas.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All things considered, nothing terrible happened this year.
Nothing terrible happened to me. So far. A day left.

So many others were not so lucky.

Call me a selfish [expletive] but give me the luxury of empathy for others' pain than feeling my own. There'll be plenty of that, soon enough.

Praying for the rest of you.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the Czech Republic and Austria :cloud9:

Tippy Toes and Meadow came into my life.

I started teaching 4-5 year olds ballet for the first time. I was nervous as they were the youngest I've ever taught, and I'm not a lover of being around children/don't consider myself a natural with them :paperbag: but it turned out well, thankfully! And always grateful to be have been given the opportunity.

Long story, but this fellow whom I fancied for awhile contacted me directly.

2017 had offered some stressful periods of course, but it is nice to be reminded of the good stuff too! Good call on the Q :thumbsup:
So nice to be fancied back! :thumbsup: