Question Of The Day. Saturday 2nd Of February.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
February already! We managed to get through the whole of January without any snow, but I woke up yesterday to about 10 cm of the stuff. But that was OK, because it gave me the opportunity to cross something off my Bucket List. I've always wanted to go horse riding in the snow, and yesterday I did just that.

What's on your Bucket List? Have you managed to do any of those things yet?

My Bucket List was;

Visit Nepal. (Done!)
Go horse riding on the beach. (Done!)
Go horse riding in the snow (Done!)
Do one of the New Zealand Great Walks. Preferably one of the less popular ones, so I can walk around on my own and pretend I'm the only person there. (Not done yet.)
Visit Yakushima, an island off the coast of Japan where some of the largest and oldest trees grow. Some of the trees are thought to be over 5,000 years old. (Not done yet.)
Go on Safari in any country where they have big cats. India or Africa would be the most obvious choices, but I guess South America might do big cat safari tours too. (Not done yet.)

How about you, what's on your Bucket List?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my Bucket List is my long term plans -- home improvements (many of which are related to preparing for my senior years), paying off my mortgage, and etc. other than planning towards those as well as other goals, i focus on the day, each day. :dunno:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Travel bucketlist if money wasn't an object (ticked off Provence, Iceland and will be ticking off Corsica in the summer!):

1). Explore more of Occitanie in France - my godmother has a house near Toulouse, though we only stay in the local area, which is beautiful but I'd love to explore more of the region as it's said to be France's second Provence. Would also love to visit the Loire Valley and explore more of Normandy and the Il-de-France.
2). Bavaria, Germany - I've always wanted to visit Bavaria and would love to go in the autumn when all the colours are out.
3). Scandinavia: Norway and Finland (have already done Sweden) - would love to visit Helsinki, the Finnish countryside and also Lofoten in Norway.
4). Budapest, Hungary - we've been meaning to go each Christmas, but something else crops up.
5). Italy: Rome, Pompeii and Herculaneum and the Amalfi Coast - haven't been to Italy for years and would love to go back.
6). Switzerland - am DYING to have a wintry holiday in the Swiss mountains but would also like to visit in the summer. Geneva and Sils Maria on the list.
7). Spain: have already done the south, so would like to see the north especially Aragon (Zarzuela). Would also love to see Barcelona.
8). The Netherlands: would love to visit Utrecht and the Hague, as well as sites like Keukenhof and the wadden islands.
9). The US: Boston, Seattle, Chicago & Martha's Vineyard - have already done Florida and NY.
10). My own country, the UK: Shropshire, Scottish Highlands, Ireland (Northern & Southern - my family come from Southern Ireland so would love to visit), Cumbria and Gloucestershire.
11). Tour of Asia: China, South Korea and Japan
12). Thailand and Vietnam
13). New Zealand
14). Maldives

General bucket list:

1). Get a job
2). Meet online friends
3). Go to university and actually stay there this time - I went last year but ended up deferring.
4). Tidy the house (thanks to Marie Kondo ;))
5). Get a tattoo
6). Dye hair
7). Start piano and ballet again
8). Learn Korean

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember when I was a kid, one winter there was a snow drift that the wind had piled up over the top of a fenceline, and it then froze so hard I could ride my horse literally on that drift as though it was solid ground. It was a crazy but super fun experience!
I guess a bucket list is usually something you've never done, but I would LOVE to get back to the South Dakota Badlands.

A never-done? Visit Scotland, and visit the American east coast during the fall colors, preferably somewhere a little less popular. We have awesome Aspen color here in Colorado especially when the weather throughout the year has been optimal, but seeing the other colors of the hardwoods in the east would be wonderful :)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bucket list is don't kick the bucket, and so far I'm right on track :thumbsup:
Second is to get rid of that stupid nick name those kids gave me 15 years ago, which is dumb since that's what I chose for my user name. :(

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) get on all 7 continents (6 down, one hopefully to go for a honeymoon)
2) visit all 50 states (not sure how many I'm missing off-hand. I have it somewhere)
3) get married (working on it)
4) have children
5) get my masters degree

There are other things I'd like to do, like learn Croatian if Duolingo ever puts it on, but those are the big ones. And I have more travel ones as well, but I'd be here all night!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things I have accomplished:
Graduate college (finally did after 10 years in 2015)
Lose 150 pounds (lost 170)
Get a job I don't hate

Things still on my list:
Buy a house
Write full-time
Pay off student loans
Get published
Go to Norway and Iceland
Hike in Big Sur

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never lay eyes on snow again
Move to Key Largo
Visit Paris for dining and shopping
Add an Hermes Kelly to my handbag collection
Spend a month or two touring Italy mostly for the food and wine
Go to a cat rescue or shelter and pay the adoption fee on every cat they have

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At nearly 80 and on a small pension, just happy to be alive and knitting etc this year. ( We sell to raise funds for the work my faith family do in India and Nepal) Love this small quiet place.. oh and to grow as much of my food as I can .. flowers too...Just a quiet gentle space,

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Go to one of the places in Africa where all of the Big 5 animals can be seen when the animals are there on the migration.

Go on a tour on elephant to see tigers and the Asiatic lions in India. It's real hit or miss with the tigers both because of their numbers and you don't see one unless you get real close. The lion population has rebounded which means the population has outgrown their reserve and the population is on the decline again. Right now they are easier to spot then tigers.