Question Of The Day. Saturday 2nd Of December.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning. :wave3: Winter is finally here! It's been below freezing all day today and the cats are all clustered around the heaters in big furry piles.

Do you have calendars in your house? How many? What kind of pictures are on them? Do you remember to change the page at the beginning of every month?

I have a desk calendar on the shelf above my PC, a calendar with kitten pictures that I was given by my vet clinic hanging up in the toilet, a calendar with pictures on American national parks hanging in the kitchen and a Kitty Chan desk calendar on the shelf above the bed.

I've only just remembered to change the page to December. I'm going to have to buy more calendars for next year. I can't remember anything unless I write it down.

:lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm......:think:

i have a cat calendar in the living room, each month has a photo of a different feral cat and kitty's name. and a calendar from the trash removal company, which shows which weeks are trash pick up weeks, on my refrigerator. i usually like to print out the Eiffel Tower yearly calendar from Call Me Victorian -- Calendars | Call Me Victorian too, but i didn't this year...not sure why.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a wall calendar in the kitchen. Right now it has a different wolf picture for each month, I waited until almost the end of the year last year and that was what was left. I have already bought my calendar for next year. It has a different kitten picture with a phrase as to what kittens teach us for each month.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy the local shelter's calendar they put out every year for money for the shelter. It features photos, many on each page of McCook's pets. I am usually in it each year several times, I take a lot of pictures! I then sit down at the beginning of the year and write down all the important dates I need to remember, birthdays, anniversaries, appointments, etc. for the whole year. And yes I change it right away because it is my memory, and saves a lot of sticky notes! I also write down important things like which city we had thanksgiving at, because we alternate every year, and special rain amounts, temps. etc. to keep track. Then I store them away at the end of the year, it is fun to pull some old ones out and look at things from years ago!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I miss calendars . Now I use the smartphone for that . Even has a reminder icon . I do keep a few old calendars up for the paintings . Nostalgia ...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have 3 wall calendars. They're the same every year:
1 orange cats only - for Ruby :lovecat2:
1 various cats
1 charity calendar from a feral cat colony's caretakers

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a desk calendar here in front of me where my laptop is. Then I have a wall calendar with pictures of cats. It is on the wall by the phone in the kitchen. In hubby's office I have a wall calendar in the corner where I have a file cabinet where we file the receipts for everything. That calendar has pictures of scenes across America. I use the kitchen one to pencil in appointments, etc. And, yes, I change the pages every month on all three of them.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a calendar on my fridge and a wall calendar in my computer room that someone gave me from the Humane Society. I though the Humane Society would have sent me a calendar with all the donations I send them. But all I get from them is letters asking for more money. I would love to have a calendar with just orange cats or one with feral cats.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
At home I just have one calendar in the kitchen. It's a Catholic calendar that the church gives out that has the feast days, seasons, days for fasting and abstaining, etc. I always have to have one of those to know what is going on in the Church.

It was the Catholic Church that made the calendar that we use today btw- the Gregorian Calendar. So really the whole world is living according to the Church calendar and they don't even know it, lol.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2, free ones that come from animal groups. I think one is ASPCA, not sure what the other one is. I mostly keep them for the pictures and so I can look at it and see right away what day the 12th is on, etc.; I don't actually use them to keep track of anything. And I'm terrible about remembering to flip the page, sometime I go half the month without changing them, lol.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2, free ones that come from animal groups. I think one is ASPCA, not sure what the other one is. I mostly keep them for the pictures and so I can look at it and see right away what day the 12th is on, etc.; I don't actually use them to keep track of anything. And I'm terrible about remembering to flip the page, sometime I go half the month without changing them, lol.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At home, I just use my smartphone. At work, I have a page-a-day calendar. I like to get a different one each year. Last year's had Doctor Who quotes, this year's is "This Day in History" and next year's is astronomical facts.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I buy the SPCA calendar every year to support our local SPCA but honestly, I don't use it. I LOVE the calendar on my iPhone. The alerts are life-savers. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not in my home, but we create our calendar every day at circle time in school, so that's always up to date in terms of month. For the school year at least. :p

I use the google calendar on my phone otherwise.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get free cat calendars in the mail, I think it's because I subscribed to a few cat magazines. I have one from Alley Cat Allies, Best Friends, and ASPCA.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have several calendars. I kind of like looking at the pictures; especially since it changes each month. I use them as a kind of decoration.

Actually, I use 2 calendars for Artie.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have a physical calendar. I tend to forget that I have one and won't even look at it for months. The cats have assaulted them too.
I have a sticky notepad calendar on my phone where I just keep appointments so I don't forget them.