Question of The Day. Saturday 29th of August.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, almost the end of August already! That month went by quickly.

Do you prefer showers or baths? Do you take them in the morning or evening? Does your routine change with the seasons?

In the summer I take showers in the morning. It's really hot and sticky here all summer, and I hate waking up feeling like that. I usually feed the cats, have coffee and then jump in the shower to wake myself up. If I do a long hike or anything else strenuous I sometimes have another quick shower after that too.

In the winter I have baths. A hot bath before bedtime helps me sleep, so even if I have to work until late I'll have a bath as soon as I finish.

Which do you prefer?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I like cold showers as I follow the Wim Hof Method and I usually take before bed because it makes me feel relaxed

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody knows that I need my daily shower, every single morning. I don't really like baths because I would have to shower afterwards anyway to get the soap off.

Some days I would like a second shower at night, but I would want to do everything again, including washing my hair. And I heard it's not good to wash your hair twice a day. So I just live with the one shower.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be a die-hard morning showerer. Every day, save for the weekends.

With this new job, since my hair has to be up in a ponytail/bun anyway, I've started to shower after work (I immediately shower after work, I handle some pretty gnarly stuff). I only wash my hair four times a week, which used to be an everyday occurrence. My hair is just as gross as ever (I envy those than can wash their hair once every 2-3 days and look wonderful), but since it's up all day, I don't care...lol.

Baths gross me out. I don't mind taking a nice soaking bath every once in a while to relax, but not one meant to clean myself.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely showers, the time of day depends on whether I'm working out/exercising in the a.m. or p.m.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a shower every morning. Even if I work really early, I still get up and have one rather than showering the night before. It wakes me up and gives me a fresh start to my day.

I soak in a hot bath every once in a while to relax - maybe with a glass of wine ☺, but that isn’t too often. I use our hot tub more to relax than the bathtub.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shower every morning, I can't get my day started without feeling fresh and clean. But I do love a bath...not for washing though, for relaxing and soothing sore muscles. I usually take baths at night if I take one, which isn't that often.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I like both. My new shower has everything that I need conveniently located and I feel pampered every time I use it. Morning shower and hair washing. My bathtub is sixty years old and not that attractive but it’s deep and comfy so I often have a late afternoon soak while I drink a beverage and work on a Soduko.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baths are for BABIES! REAL MEN take showers! (must be read with a Scottish accent)

But seriously, baths are just gross. The only time I'd consider getting in a tub is if it's something like a hot tub for relaxation and not cleaning.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Always a shower. When I was going into the office every day it was always in the morning, now it varies. I wash my hair every other day.