Question Of The Day, Saturday 28th Of September.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning!

If you were a different gender to the one you identify as now, what would you like your name to be?

If I were a boy I'd like to be called Wolfgang. I think that's the kind of name people would remember.

:thumbsup:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have NO idea. I even went thru a few baby name websites, and while there are some names I like, I can't find one that speaks to me for MY name. :dunno:
I guess I would just use the boy version of my current name, which is essentially the shortened version of my name and what my family already calls me as a nick name. :thumbsup:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! It's hard to beat Wolfgang!

I might be Shannon, which I chose if I'd had a boy.

I like Lucifer, too. It means "Bearer of Light" but it gives people a jolt. My motorcycle is called Lucifer, and just for fun there's a small stuffed snake wrapped around the antenna. He has a little red collar with a small, shiny bright red plastic apple on it with his name and address. The snake's name is Hisstopher Coilumbus. and he's a see (sic) snake.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
My parents were so convinced I was a boy (guess I did a lot of kicking and squirming and overall giving my mom a hard time from the womb) :evilgrin: they had only picked out a boy's name--Edward. I'm not wild about that name, but never really thought about any other name I'd have wanted to be called. :think:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had been male, I would have been named Benjamin Eddins Isbell. Every other generation in my family had been named Benjamin Eddins for over 100 years until I was born. Benjamin Eddins was an ancestor who fought in the Revolution. In the 1950s, Benjamin was not a cool name, so I considered myself lucky.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cousin has a 3-year-old named Benjamin. So I guess it's fairly popular now. But, yeah, now that I think of it, I don't know any older guys named Ben. Hmm.

Hehe, my brother knows a transman who chose a very plain and common man's name, even though his given girls' name was fancy and unusual. My brother says "he got the chance to name himself, why would he choose that? It's too boring!"

If I had a son, I'd name him Josiah, called Joey. I love the name Joey but Joseph is too common. So maybe I'd choose that.

But I just saw a news story, sadly about a kid who drowned, but his name was Thunder. That's a good name too.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My parents had a girl's name picked out, and they hadn't come up with a boy's name by the time I was born. They told me they went through books (school yearbooks, etc.) in the hospital to eventually come up with my name. But, if I had been a girl, I would have been Nancy Renee.

I can't think of a particular girl's name that I would like to have.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was a boy, I'd have been Timothy Scott. Which is super weird (to me) because I used to work with a guy whose first and middle named was Tim Scott...

I have too many male names that I like! I'll go with the boy name that we have picked out when that time comes- Levi William.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adam, I think. There is already a few Adams with my last name though, so I don't know if I'd like that. There is only one other Alyssa (that I'm aware of) with my last name.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Darshan, because I'm a Sanskrit addict. :)