Question Of The Day. Saturday 27th Of January.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Blizzards are common during the winter months here but the polar vortex in 2014 was a double whammy because of the sub-zero temps and wind chills. Snow obliterated the windows in the front of our house as you can see from this pic.

snow 2-11 front window.jpg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well, there was "The Blizzard of '78", where everyone in New England were snowed in for days, a week....

Most recently, we had the winter of 2015.. the worst as far as snow...

and we have blizzards every year.. the last one was a few weeks ago...
:yeah: I was 10 for the Blizzard of 78. No school for at least a week. :agree:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had a vacation home when I was a child near Yosemite National Park. One time during the month of JUNE we started the day in shorts and flipflops, the wind kicked up and within 3 hours had a WHITEOUT!!!! The weather was bitter cold and we were glad to have a change of clothing and snowboots!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Despite the inconveniences, however, you can't say that a fresh snowfall isn't beautiful. Here's a shot of last November's first snowfall (only nine or ten inches), with the river still flowing freely. Directly below, a six pack of ducks seems blissfully unaffected. Come to think of it, I've never seen a duck with a snow shovel.

novembersnow.jpg

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was snowed in at school when I was thirteen, but my worst weather experience has to be in the car during a terrible thunderstorm whilst on holiday in the Florida Keys.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like @foxxycat , @artiemom , and AbbysMom AbbysMom mentioned we had the Blizzard of 78 here in New England.

Sometime around 1996 (I can't remember precisely) I got caught in a blinding snow/blizzard driving home from work to Massachusetts from my workplace in Warwick, RI. I could barely see the front of my car for all those miles and I really do not know how I made it home. :angel3: The visibility will become so bad in a snow like that, that you cannot but help focusing on the snow coming right at you and have to quickly shift your vision to distant to stay on the road.

Even years before, I worked in Northern Massachusetts and have driven in many bad storms. Storms that you are going about 20 miles an hour on the highway. All said, I kind of like the challenge of driving in the snow and am thankful I was brought home safely.