Question Of The Day. Saturday 26th Of August

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi, Happy Saturday.

:wave3:

What's your favourite hot weather drink?

I've been drinking loads of water with ice and lemon in it recently. It's so hot this summer so I've needed lots of cold water to keep me going. Another favourite drink is iced chai tea. I usually make up a jug of chai with plenty of spices and a big dollop of honey, then leave it to cool down over night.

It's good black or with milk and the spices seem to help cool me down.

How about you?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with your water with ice and lemon. I have an infuser pitcher and keep it in the fridge with lemon and orange slices and just plain water. When I want a drink, I fill a glass with crushed ice and the lemon-orange infused water. (I'm trying to cut back on caffeine and have given up my daily diet Mt. Dew.) I've started to keep another one at work in my little fridge under my desk. I keep plenty of oranges and lemons on hand to change the infuser. Sometimes I'll add a few sprigs of mint.

Another favorite of mine during the summer is mint tea, made from freshly cut spearmint from the flowerbed in the back yard. That's just 6 regular tea bags and several nice sprigs of mint steeped in 4 cups of boiling water and then cooled for 20 minutes. Mix with a quart of water. I'll double it, then split it, and add a scant 1/2 cup of sugar to one of the containers for Dear Richard; he likes his tea sweet. I'll drink mine with no sugar. I'm not a particularly big fan of unsweetened tea, but can drink it if it has mint.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While I love iced coffee, I drink much more iced tea over the course of a day. It's my go-to after the morning. I usually don't put anything in it - just cold black tea. Sometimes lemon but plain is fine too. When my mint is growing strong I'll add that in also.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of cold drinks in general. . .I have sensitive teeth :/. I drink tap water with some lemon juice, to hide the tap water taste, but just tap cold, not fridge/ice cold. I also like iced tea. I use a gallon sun tea jar, add, um, however many large tea bags the package says to add (I forget how many I've been using!), a couple small bags of green tea (I don't really like green tea but it's healthy, lol), then I'll toss in a few small tea bags of some flavor, like mint, orange, or Earl Gray (I do love bergamot). I add a heaping 1/2 cup of sugar to the gallon---I like it sweet but not too sweet.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I like just regular water, but not tap water. We have a filter because the water here is so chlorine tasting. :cringe: I also like flavored seltzer waters, raspberry lime is my favorite. :yummy:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Iced tea I don't care for it sweetened but I do like it with a little lemon.

I use water from a Brita pitcher to make coffee, tea and to drink. It does taste better from the pitcher then from the tap. I also fill the ice cube trays with water from the pitcher. I rent and the refrigerator doesn't have an ice maker so I use ice cube trays.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Raspberry Lemon lemonade from Simply Lemonade. I dilute it and fill my big Tervis tumbler (Cat Periodic Table :lol:) and bring it outside when I'm gardening. If it's really hot I'll put it in a small cooler with drinks and snacks for the kids. Good stuff! :agree:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't change drinks from summer to winter. I drink coffee, tea and water regardless.
Although, QT has a frozen cappuccino that is awesome. Good thing there is not one up here since they have a zillion calories in them. :spew:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, good cold ice water is tops, especially kept in a Yeti knock-off tumbler. I have a 40 ounce one that I guzzle from. I have to have at least one Dr. Pepper to wake up, but I do love iced tea with equal parts of tea and sugar, or almost. It has to be Lipton tea, though. I'm not a coffee drinker at all.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't change drinks according to the season. When I'm home I drink bottle water or diet coke. When I eat out I drink either coffee or ice tea. I had sweet tea for the first time a few weeks ago. I have a new addiction. It was so good.

Muffy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
If I'm at home I drink plain water but if I'm out I like to drink an Iced Americano.