Question Of The Day. Saturday 24th Of November

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello, Happy Saturday.

:wave3:

What is it about your cat or cats that always has you asking "Why?"

Cats are very mysterious creatures, my lot are always coming up with new and interesting ways to perplex me.

Why does Forest Cat have to stand up to pee? No open topped litter boxes in this house, I can tell you. They all have lids and splash guards.

:lol:

Why, when there are two or three empty cat beds, does The Mu have to sleep in the bed that already has other cats in it?

MuMarley3.jpg
MuToby5.jpg

Why are they so intent on getting out of their enclosure? They have a huge outdoor space full of trees and climbing towers, but a few of them spend every waking moment trying to work out how to climb out of the enclosure and take off into the woods.

Why kitties? Just tell me why?

What is it about your cats that makes you wonder why?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why is Sophie obsessed with getting into the pantry and in the closet where the washer and dryer are? She waits until I open the pantry door and will scoot in there every chance she gets. There is nothing exciting in there. I don't even keep the cat food or treats in there. That's on a baker's rack in the kitchen.

Why does Lilith like to run around the house crying for no reason? She's always been very vocal and at times sounds like a toddler girl. She'll run around the house calling, "Mama?"or "Hello?" I always tell her to come over because I'm right here but she keeps doing it. She used to say, "Hello?" in DD's room but stopped.

I'd love to know why they are SO picky about food. Especially Lilith. I'd also like to know what they REALLY want to eat. Knowing the boujie sisters, it would be filet mignon and lobster tail. :rolleyes2:

ETA: The Mu can snuggle with me anytime. She's so pretty and it's nice how she wants to be with the other cats. :lovecat3::zzzcat:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for our Punky, it's why, oh why do you chew on anything plastic filmy or plastic tapey?

with Dude, it's why in the world do you want to go out into the back (enclosed) porch, or (even worse) outside?

and for our DeeDee, what is it about the clothing and linen closet that you're so attracted to?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does Lelia sniff S's butt when she's trying to figure out what S is looking at. Does she think the scent passes through?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does Selene find so fascinating about my cabinets?

Why has Charlie suddenly started begging for attention, but only when I'm sitting at the computer?

:dunno:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Why does Carleton like to sit on my husband's feet? :lol2:

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Every night for the the better part of a year my Matty goes to the tippy top of his cat tree and sits with his rear end seated on one level and puts his paws up on the higher level and seems to just meditate. It happens every night like clockwork. Around 9 pm he goes up there. He stares off up the stairs (there is nothing up there- no bugs, no mice no people, no art on the walls- nothing) and he behaves as though in a trance- we can pet him and talk to him but he doesn't move, he doesn't look at us or away, he doesn't lean away from us or towards us. He sits still and stares over our heads to the nothing that is our stairwell. The fact that he's sitting in a "humanlike" position while he does this is just adding an extra layer of strangeness. He looks like a little man sitting at a dining table.

The rest of the day he's a regular affectionate cat with no medical issues. So we have no explanation for this behavior and quite honestly it drives us absolutely crazy not knowing.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am playing a game on my tablet, Lily just HAS to stand on my chest and block my view of the screen. If I move the tablet to one side, she walks to that side, still blocking the screen. Move it to the left, she moves to the left. Why does she have to do that?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Why does Mowgli think my husband's socks belong on the floor? He pulls them out multiple times a day and is only satisfied when they're in a heap on the bedroom floor. He leaves my socks alone.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I am playing a game on my tablet, Lily just HAS to stand on my chest and block my view of the screen. If I move the tablet to one side, she walks to that side, still blocking the screen. Move it to the left, she moves to the left. Why does she have to do that?
My Lily does that too. If I'm playing a game on the tablet, Sophie will swat at the screen like she's trying to help. I have a game on the tablet called Paw Me Lite. It's for cats. A mouse runs around the screen and they get points if they tap it. Whenever she tries to help, I open her game and show it to her. I tap the mouse a few times and then show it to her. Does she swat the screen then? Of course not. She just looks at me like, "You gonna get that?" :sigh:

Here she is playing Candy Crush. :lol:

duffy.jpg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I've tried those Friskies games - Fishing and the bug one. Got the same reaction. As soon as Lily hears my game, she's in my lap.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
She's probably afraid she's missing something. Mowgli is positively addicted to an app (Cat Games) where he has to "catch" a raven. When my old tablet started to no longer hold a charge, it got passed along to him for his cat games, but he still looks at my tablet, Kindle, or phone, or my husband's laptop, to see whether we're playing any interesting games. He also loves the BeeGees, so I play their YouTube videos to distract him whenever there are fireworks. Whenever my husband is watching music videos, Mowgli has to make sure he isn't missing the BeeGees. :lol:

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why does Cheese lick my bathroom rugs?

Why does she insist on being overly friendly while I am trying to brush my teeth? She's gonna end up with toothpaste all over her one of these days if she doesn't quit.

Why will she lay in her kitty bed if it's in the office, but not if it's in the bedroom? Same bed, just different locations.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Why do most cats take to the indoor litter boxes but some insist on a "special" place in private (where I must place newspaper and pee pads :cringe:`) ??

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Every night for the the better part of a year my Matty goes to the tippy top of his cat tree and sits with his rear end seated on one level and puts his paws up on the higher level and seems to just meditate. It happens every night like clockwork. Around 9 pm he goes up there. He stares off up the stairs (there is nothing up there- no bugs, no mice no people, no art on the walls- nothing) and he behaves as though in a trance- we can pet him and talk to him but he doesn't move, he doesn't look at us or away, he doesn't lean away from us or towards us. He sits still and stares over our heads to the nothing that is our stairwell. The fact that he's sitting in a "humanlike" position while he does this is just adding an extra layer of strangeness. He looks like a little man sitting at a dining table.

The rest of the day he's a regular affectionate cat with no medical issues. So we have no explanation for this behavior and quite honestly it drives us absolutely crazy not knowing.

I think we need a picture of this. :lol2:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After more than 3 years of Milly, I'm still stuck on the question:
"Why do you wake us at 3AM every day?"​

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Why does Pumpy hide everytime someone comes over?

Why does Honeybee like to chew tape or plastic? Why does she chew corners of a cardboard box? Why does she eat things off the floor even if it's not food?!

Why does she only lay on me in the middle of the night but during the day she sleeps on Jon?!