Question Of The Day. Saturday 24th Of February.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was bullied at primary and secondary school, and I often used to skip classes (particularly in secondary school). I'm in sixth form now and have only skipped class a couple of times and have been caught once, which I did feel guilty about.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got whacked in the nose with a field hockey stick in gym class. It didn't break or bruise but it was achy for a couple days. So yes field hockey is dangerous! :crazy:

I never played hooky in school. I skipped a couple classes in college; but that's not the same is it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh yes :)

I started doing it at the age of 14-15. I sneaked out for a lunch break, while I was supposed to remain in school for lunch. That was quite easy to do. Most of the time I met with youths from other schools in nearby parks and pubs in Bruxelles.
A few times I decided not to go back to school after the lunch break, and that was more risky, because I had to rely on the loyalty and the ability of my classmates to give a convincing explanation for my absence. But - lucky me - they've never let me down.

I got caught ones, when I was seen by a teacher in a pub in front (!!!) of the school. My parents were informed and mom had a conversation with the headmistress in my presence. A very embarrassing moment...

The year after I got caught, I was old enough to be allowed to go out for lunch and the urge to play truant from school disappeared.
Playing hooky and going to the pub!
:wow:
Yes, quite a bit in high school. I was bullied constantly, and every day. The sad thing was, I loved learning, but some days, the abuse was too much for me. My Mom wouldn't do anything to help, the school wouldn't do anything to help, so, some days, I deliberately missed the bus, and sat in the graveyard, sketching and reading all day, until the bus came, then I'd walk home with the other kids. I was such a quiet kid in school, the teachers didn't even notice that I was gone. The pressure and abuse at home and at school just got to me sometimes. I had an abusive father, a doormat mother, and the kids in school used to spit on me when I walked down the hall, or throw things at me in the school parking lot. I am not exaggerating when I say this was all day, every single day of high school. They even made fun of me at my graduation rehearsal. God, it was AWFUL. I hated being a teenager.
That's awful! I'm sorry you had such a horrible time at school.

:grouphug2:

I was bullied at primary and secondary school, and I often used to skip classes (particularly in secondary school). I'm in sixth form now and have only skipped class a couple of times and have been caught once, which I did feel guilty about.
I hope 6th form is more fun for you.

:grouphug2:
I got whacked in the nose with a field hockey stick in gym class. It didn't break or bruise but it was achy for a couple days. So yes field hockey is dangerous! :crazy:

I never played hooky in school. I skipped a couple classes in college; but that's not the same is it?
Ouch! You're lucky you didn't end up with a broken nose. I think field hockey is much worse than rugby. I can't understand why one is OK for girls, but not the other.

(Not that I want to play either of them)

;)