Question of the Day Saturday 24 December 2022

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Prime rib with mashed potatoes, salad and some crusty bread. I'm not a big dessert person but maybe some good dark chocolate to munch on with a cup of coffee after. Now that it's just the girls and me I don't get the standing rib roast any more unless it's on sale and I can find a small one and have the butcher slice it into steaks for me. The girls are always ready for some steak.

I cooked a ribeye for us to share one night. I like to let it rest before I cut into it. It was sitting on my desk when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Sophie was on the desk trying to bite off a piece of steak. That didn't work so she tried to grab it and run off with it. That failed too. Then she noticed that I was watching her with great amusement. Did she try to play innocent or look ashamed by her actions? Oh absolutely not. She stood up and started hollering at me. "Don't just sit there! Cut me a piece!" Obviously I did just that. My shameless little girl. :lol::angrycat:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not even a vegetarian but that sounds delicious. :yummy:
The last few years have been lasagna and I always love having lasagna.
I've spent many a Christmas alone and I almost always had some type of Italian food. I even had a turkey roast one year for my cats but they would not eat any of it. I have a frozen box of lasagna in the freezer I was going to have today but my sister invited me to her house. She said she was having cheese lasagna and a? salad. I'm surprised she is having that for everyone in the family. This is my third year in Assisted Living and if I stayed here for dinner all I would have to eat would be asparagus which I don't care for.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have made a copycat version of Stouffer's vegetable lasagna that is really good. It doesn't have a tomato sauce but a cheesy bechamel sauce which I think is actually called a Mornay sauce.