Question Of The Day. Saturday 23rd Of February

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm allergic to milk and all the yummy stuff that is made out of it even in trace amounts. I have seasonal allergies and sensitivities to insect bites and I get hives from other foods but the milk allergy is the one that I had to change my life over.

Food allergies are pretty scary in general though.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an allergy exactly, but I’m extremely sensitive to the scent of almost all perfume. There’s something in perfume that makes me feel like I can’t breathe. I can breathe, I just find it very unpleasant. Trapped in an airplane or in a car with someone who has doused herself with perfume is so uncomfortable. Scents from essential oils like rosemary and lavender don’t bother me at all.
Could be the musk that is in a lot of the better perfumes as it gives it it's power to stay strong.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
How could I forget my allergies to metals? I cannot wear jewelry unless it is 14 k gold or higher which I cannot afford any longer or platinum. I used to be able to wear sterling silver but no more. I so long for a pretty diamond pendent on a long chain or the comedy/tragedy masks,,,,,,

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Could be the musk that is in a lot of the better perfumes as it gives it it's power to stay strong.
Do they still make Tabu? The office manager at my first job out of college wore (bathed in, I think) Tabu and it just about did me in!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom was allergic to bananas!
I'm not sure it's actually an allergy. I don't break out in hives or anything, I get ill. I mean violently, have to get my stomach pumped type ill. Even banana extract or making something that had banana before and wasn't washed properly. Also the smell of a banana makes me nauseous and almost throw up.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not sure it's actually an allergy. I don't break out in hives or anything, I get ill. I mean violently, have to get my stomach pumped type ill. Even banana extract or making something that had banana before and wasn't washed properly. Also the smell of a banana makes me nauseous and almost throw up.
Weird. Same with my mom. Terrible pain and stomach cramping. Dad had to take her to the ER one time.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if that kind of banana intolerance is caused by the potassium. I know potassium pills make some people very sick.

Peanuts give me gas (haha, TMI!). I just learned that they count that as a peanut allergy, not just the deadly anaphylactic kind that gets all the attention. Weird. :dunno:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm only officially allergic to face paint; though I also showed an allergic reaction to a Tikka Masala I once tried, but then afterwards I tried a different Tikka Masala and was fine.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Medications: penicillin, aspirin, Ketoprofen, codeine, and sulfa drugs

Food: peanuts, strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, and zucchini. I have cibophobia, so I may be allergic to more that were not tested because I will never, ever touch them let alone eat them.

Other stuff: the sun (I have a more severe form of actinic prurigo that causes headaches and nausea in addition to a rash), lanolin, grass, a variety of pollen, pine trees, bees, wasps, and hornets.

With all these allergies, I do not have any issues with poison ivy. I could roll in it and not get it.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley:

I've noticed that I've been sneezing a lot lately. It doesn't feel like I have a cold and a few people have told me that pollen season has started already this year. I'm starting to wonder if I've developed a pollen allergy. I hope not, I live in the middle of a forest.

:evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::noob::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen::evergreen:

What are you allergic to?

As far as I know my only allergies are penicillin and shitake mushrooms. Hope I don't have to add cedar pollen to the list.

:popworm:

Cedar pollen can be nasty. I have a huge cedar tree in the back yard and it makes my eyes itch really bad some years.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not aware of any allergies, but I do think I'm allergic to something. I just haven't figured out what it is.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have seasonal allergies. I'm allergic to something in a lot of makeup so I have to get hypoallergenic formulas or use mineral makeup otherwise my face turns beet red and gets super itchy. I'm also mildly allergic to wool. I don't have any food allergies but I'm intolerant to eggs, rice flour (but not white rice), brown rice, avocado (new, and completely unfair), and other things I haven't figured out yet.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if that kind of banana intolerance is caused by the potassium. I know potassium pills make some people very sick
I know that it is typically associated with latex allergies or tree pollen allergies. My doctor asked if I had ever had any issues with them because I am allergic to so many tree pollens. I have no idea because I have never eaten one. I am sure I ate baby food of it, but she said that eating it as a baby does not mean I could eat it now.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm extremely allergic to people who say "so what, you have a sick cat. It's just a damn cat."
My allergy medication is very allergic to bullcrap, so in the past 6 months or so I've decided that allergy triggers are like idiots. Get rid of them, and you'll breathe better and live longer :thumbsup:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if that kind of banana intolerance is caused by the potassium. I know potassium pills make some people very sick.
I don't think so or else potatoes would bother me. They are high in potassium.

am sure I ate baby food of it, but she said that eating it as a baby does not mean I could eat it now.
My mom has told me that I would throw up baby food with bananas.