Question Of The Day. Saturday 21st Of April.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello, Happy Saturday.

:butterfly::purplebutterfly::butterfly::purplebutterfly::butterfly::butterfly::purplebutterfly:

I spent the afternoon putting the first lot of spring flowers in planters today. That's my favourite chore at this time of year.

Do you have a garden? How about a deck or a window box? What do you plant?

I mainly plant things in planters on the deck. I have a huge space outside, but most of it is for the cats to run around in so I leave it as a jungle for them.

I've planted some lupines this year, as well as some petunia and some little purple daisy things that I'm not sure of the name of. I'm planing to get some nasturtium and morning glories next month.

How about you? What's in your garden?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I used to garden in the small plot outside my door in my co-op, until they decided to hire professional landscapers to take care of the grounds. I no longer have the privilege of gardening there (and people tell me they liked what I've done better than the landscapers!).

One side I had lettuce, tomatos and cucumbers growing. the other side was flowers and plants

So for now, I have a few pots on my porch. Nothing in them yet as it's been too cold to do anything.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to put chartreuse sweet potato vines and some sort of sun tolerant coleus in a container I have in front of the house. I usually do Heavenly Blue morning glories and let them climb up this little porch area on the side of my house.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been a real slug about getting my garden in. It's still not done, although I hope to finish it this coming week. It should have been done in mid-March.

I'm strictly a vegetable gardener. I have an elevated container garden and will fill 77 pots. They'll be split among tomatoes (mostly grape and cherry), peppers (both hot, jalapeño, super-hot, and no-heat), and herbs. I make sure to have LOTS of basil.

Robert fertilized the trees today because it's supposed to monsoon tonight. Each of the fig trees is about 12' tall and 15' across. The gardenia bush is about 10' tall and 8' across. When it blooms, we can hardly stand the smell. The citrus and bay are quite small.The fertilizer will probably end up in the front yard. At least we tried.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bunch of onions growing. Some are last year's and they are 12-16 inches tall. I have about 60 that I planted 3 weeks ago that are much smaller. I haven't planted the rest of my garden, but I have bought 3 jalapenos, a gypsy bell pepper, two tomatoes and some spice plants that I will plant in the next week or two. I will get another tomato plant, but I'm not sure what. I am doing a smaller vegetable garden this year. I have four raised beds, but I will only plant two of them with vegetables. Perhaps I will plant flowers in the other two.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My husband is an avid gardener, so our yard is full of shrubs and flowers. He's got a greenhouse and a raised bed for veggies, too, and an orchard outside of the neighboring town.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have some flowers, flowering bushes, and such, but no vegetable garden. i did grow veggies in a straw bale garden one year, years ago.

it's been years since i've planted anything new. :dunno:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have a garden. It's quite small but enough for us since there's only two humans including me living in my house. It's quite wild so it's very nature friendly. Bees and butterflies are particularly fond of my garden. I plant raspberries, strawberries, lilacs, daffodils, poppies, snowdrops, crocuses, pansies, peonies and also have a rhododendron tree this year. The Magnolia tree from next door's garden also grows into ours and it looks so pretty in the spring.