Question of The Day. Saturday 20th of June.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good Morning Happy Saturday and Sweet Summer Solstice!

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

What's something you're glad you will never have to do again?

I'm glad I'll never have to commute to work again. I used to have to get up ridiculously early, before 7 am some times, and get on a packed commuter train or bus to go to work. I've been working from home full time for over two years now and I'm never changing back!

I'm also glad that I'll never have to take another test or exam. My student days are well behind me.

How about you?

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m glad I’ll never have to work for a certain someone ever again! :lol:

I’m also glad I’ll never have to go through secondary school ever again. I loved exams and learning the actual β€˜school’ aspects, but the drama, politics and popularity contests are something I’m glad I’ve left behind.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also glad I never have to go to work again and have so many deadlines. Although I don't understand how I got ANYTHING done when I was working. There still aren't enough hours in the day! (though I think it's because I don't have the stamina and energy I had when I was younger!)

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm glad I never have to ask my parents for permission to do/buy something ever again! Although to be honest, I still often ask my dad for advice on big purchases haha

Everything else (commuting, working, deadlines, even tests --language tests if I ever get back into that) I still have to do :sigh:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
School. Grade school and high school...all of it. The clicks, drama, bullies, teachers with superiority complexes (not all of them but, there were several)...Even socializing with my friends wasn't great, because it seemed like I was always put in a different class than them.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad I never have to, God willing, rent again. Being a homeowner, especially on my own, is a lot of work, but it is still better than having to live in an apartment with neighbors who stomp around all the time.

I'm also so grateful to never have to work in a grocery store again. I have traumatic memories from working there, which seems ridiculous, but it's not exactly something I can control.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad I'll never have to ride a roller coaster again. :lol:
Mia6 Mia6 , I'm glad you don't have to do that anymore. I do have most of the views of the people around me, but sometimes I have to sit there, bite my tongue, and be polite when I really don't want to. :sigh:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Good Morning Happy Saturday and Sweet Summer Solstice!

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

What's something you're glad you will never have to do again?

I'm glad I'll never have to commute to work again. I used to have to get up ridiculously early, before 7 am some times, and get on a packed commuter train or bus to go to work. I've been working from home full time for over two years now and I'm never changing back!

I'm also glad that I'll never have to take another test or exam. My student days are well behind me.

How about you?
I wish I could work full time from home! During lockdown, we could work up to two hours a day (due to computer program licensing; we only had a certain amount of spots open back then). The past two weeks, we've had the option of working from home a couple of days a week. We still have to go in to work on the main aspect of our job (I'm a library cataloger, and you can't really take books, etc. home!). I kind of enjoy it (and the cats certainly do. I get the tiger tail toys brought to me several times a day). I set my own hours; I usually get up around 3-4 AM,and start work by 5 AM-Noon. It goes by so fast,

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will never have to go through basic training again. I went through that 44 years ago and that is still my answer. Looking back I don't know how I kept from washing out, many did.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad that I never have to take a math class again! Been 14 years since HS, but still glad :lol: I remember how wonderful it felt when I graduated and was on my way to University, towards courses and degree I chose and loved and no math in sight.

Also taking driving tests to get your full license. Not sure about the rest of the world, but it be a long process here at times. 3 tests in total (Written, G1 and G2) the cost, the lessons, and the waiting months inbetween. I managed overall but it was a bit stressful to my teen self. It's nice to have it long long over with.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Go to high school. I’ve had actual nightmares where for some reason I had to go back to school and be away from my DH and kids. They weren’t even my high school. School wasn’t bad or anything; I just wouldn’t want to do it again.

I might have said take math classes before. But since I’m getting close to having to teach pre-algebra to DD its coming back to get me. :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Post #2 I would love to attend high school again, ha!! Loved it!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Work for someone.
And really, people should be very glad they won't have to employ me :lol:
I've done my own thing for so long, I'd be a real PITA.