Question of The Day. Saturday 19th of March.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I love Willow and Water from Field and Flowers. I have several of their creams and body lotions.

I can't afford to buy them anymore, but I used to wear:

Chanel No. 22 (Lily of the Valley scent)
Charlie
Tresor
White Shoulders
I'm opposite to you. I like sweet perfumes.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES! I love scented products, and like have lots of different ones to suit my mood (way too many to list in detail :rolleyes: ). I'll never be a signature scent kind of girl :lol3: At last count, I had 13 different perfumes on the go - none are big brands. Six of them are made by @ShadowsRescue :heart3: , and are in all kinds of scents. I have 2 different body lotions from her too, and 5 (so far) of her soaps. I also like the original Sanctuary Spa range, and several from a little UK company called Bath House. I also have a great pumpkin chai body oil that I got for Christmas :D

I like to have lavender for its calming properties, but the ONLY lavender I like is ShadowsRescue's! In terms of other scents, I like spicy and sensual - I'm not big on anything too sweet or floral (though I do love vanilla, and lots of my favourites have vanilla somewhere in the mix).

I have expensive tastes, so always ask for these things at birthday and Christmas - no way could I afford it otherwise. I look out for sales (like 30-40% off or more) and stock up then too.
Try amazon uk. They sometimes have nice nice discounts.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love and wear Amazing Grace!  I love to smell myself all day!:lol3:   It is so light and fresh.  However, I mix  the body lotion and Eau de Toillette, then apply and it lasts all day and becomes softer and softer!  I get so many compliments.

I also love India Hicks Island Living, which I think has been re-named Caribean Wildflowers, by Crabtree and Evelyn.
For many years I used to wear White Linen, which I love, and Clinique, Happy (I think that was the name.

I also love the scent of peonies, which reminds me of the tea roses that grow by the ocean!
I'm using spider lily ofor India Hicks
Island living, evelyn and Crabtree.
What a sort of coincidence. I love it.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love perfumes etc. We don't have dial. I usually use a soap on my face that scrub a bit. Always scented liquid body soap. It's citrus at the moment. I don't like vanilla. I smell like a pudding! I love citrus and cucumber. My roll on deodorant is scented as is my anti perspirant, not the same scent and I smell very good there. I'm lazy with body lotion. I should use it. My old skin needs it. Especially my arms and legs. A few years ago I went on a perfume shopping spree. Not to be encouraged. I have a drawer full of closed perfumes and I use one after the other. At the moment it's India Hicks spider lily. It's sweet. It's lovely. I was using 'Si'I've forgotten who buy In a black bottle. Delicious.
I won't leave the house without perfume except when I go to see my sister who can't stand scents.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wear a few spritzes of body spray.  I switch between 3 scents from Bath and Body Works: Moonlight Path, Paris Amour and Japanese Cherry Blossom.  I occasionally use lotion in one of those scents or one of 2 scents from Victoria's Secret that I was given as a gift.  (I can't think of the scent names.)

For soap I use a handmade soap from a local couple that sets up a table at the big craft fair.  I am currently using a Lilly of the Valley fragrance ones.  I've also used their Rum Raisin, Apple Cinnamon, Callendula and Cherry Almond soaps.  They have so many good scents it's hard to pick!  I'm totally sold on their products though.  My DD has awful bumpy skin on her legs and nothing was helping it.   But their Callendula soap (goat milk based) has been SO helpful for her!!  I feel like I use less lotion now that I use their soaps vs body washes or beauty bars.  I spent about $50 on soap at the craft fair last fall.  Even my Step-dad likes their soaps.  My mother had picked up a couple bars geared towards men.  

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All this talk about colognes got me wanting to go back to a regular scent again.  I just got back from the Department Store.

They didn't have Elizabeth Arden so I didn't try the Green Tea.  Nordstrom probably has it but I just stuck with Macy's.

I thought about going back to White Linen and many years ago I had used Clinique Happy.  I ended up with a fragrance they didn't used to have called Aromatics Elixer from Clinique.  It's more like a perfume than a cologne so definitely have to be careful with it.  It came in a spray bottle which I didn't get, perfumes used to come in the little bottles where you can get just a drop.  This is definitely one that I will spray in the air and walk through it.  It also changes more than colognes after it's been on for about 10 or 15 minutes.  At first I didn't care for it but after it had been on for awhile I like it.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hello. 

Do you wear perfume or aftershave? How about scented shower gels or body lotions? What are some of your favourite scents?

I used to love the Body Shop White Musk range. I had the perfume, the shower gel and the body lotion. It got too expensive for me to keep buying it though. These days I use a natural lavender oil soap and body lotion made by a local herb company. I think the cats prefer it!
Well, fleas hate lavender, so that makes sense.

I have congenital anosmia -- i.e. I was born with almost no sense of smell.  When I was 16, my dad visited a whole bunch of department stores and let them spray him with perfume, looking for one that he thought would work well for me.  And for Christmas that year he gave me L'air du Temps perfume, by Nina Ricci.  It's basically a very mild floral scent, so I can't accidentally use too much, and my husband loves it.  Unfortunately, it's not cheap.  Two years ago I told my husband that I was out and wanted more perfume for Christmas, and he said okay, providing we could find it at a reasonable price.  Then one day we were walking through a mall and saw a perfume shop with a sign advertising a Christmas sale -- two bottles of perfume for the price of one.  We snagged about a three year's supply. 

Margret