Question Of The Day. Saturday 16th Of June.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
:hithere:It's still Saturday in most places, isn't it?

Today's question: What news story have you heard recently that made you smile?

I have to read a lot of news because I teach current affairs and debating classes to high level English students. I'd really rather not read so much of it, the news can be very depressing. I'm always on the look out for a more upbeat story.

The best story I've heard this week is the one about the raccoon that climbed all the way to the top of a 25 storey building and was brought back down unscathed.

I love seeing pictures of the little guy making his way up the outside walls and resting on the window ledge. What was he thinking, I wonder?

Raccoon released into wild after successful skyscraper climb

How about you, any good news recently?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't find it now for a link. It was a story about a 7 year old that first heard about people being hungry in the U.S. He wanted to use his allowance to buy chicken sandwiches for the hungry, he is now volunteering at a kitchen that gives free meals.

I saw the one about the raccoon. I knew they had long sharp claws but I didn't know they were able to do that.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best story I've heard this week is the one about the raccoon that climbed all the way to the top of a 25 storey building and was brought back down unscathed.

I love seeing pictures of the little guy making his way up the outside walls and resting on the window ledge. What was he thinking, I wonder?

Raccoon released into wild after successful skyscraper climb
I love when weird news stories that happen in my area become viral. :lol: I heard about the infamous raccoon days later because I must have been living under a rock.

I saw an article about all of these fast food restaurants making fun of IHOP changing their name on Twitter. I just thought it was hilarious. :crackup:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard my favorite news story this morning about Chubbs, a 29 lb. Himalayan cat that was found wandering the streets of Pasadena, CA:
Chubbs, A 29-Pound Cat Rescued In Altadena, Needs A Home
Himalayans are such pretty cats but their fur does mat very easily. I can understand having to resort to shaving. Really for 29 pounds he doesn't look as overweight as I thought he would look, definitely is overweight but I think he is also just a big cat.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise