Question of The Day. Saturday 16th of July.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Just after I posted, I came out to see Zoe under that front mound, peeking out from the hole.  So cute.  Of course, by the time I grabbed my phone to get a photo, she had jumped out.  

I sprayed it with catnip but they weren't impressed.  I'll try putting treats in there, thanks for the idea!  

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's pretty much just using it as a sleeping mat.  
awww......have you tried placing some of your cats favorite toys inside the ripples, let them see you put the toy(s) there? or even some cat treats that they have to fish out of the ripples?

I got Jasmine a ToysRUs cat tunnel, the kind with a section of netting and krinkly stuff.  The krinkle stuff was only under the netting section (Jasmine gets a better krinkle from a paper grocery bag), and Jasmine absolutely hated the tunnel.  I put her favorite toys inside and she would go in just long enough to "rescue" the toy.  I put treats and catnip inside, and she gave me the stink eye for putting the really good stuff "out of her reach."  I ended up returning it to PetSmart and buying something cheaper that she'll actually play with.  Cattitude!

Then, last weekend I spotted a garage sale that had some little kitty tents -- no krinkle stuff, netting windows, door flaps that can be tied back, for $1 each.  I figured, "What can it hurt?  I'll give it a try," and Jasmine loves it!  I toss a toy in, and she goes around behind the tent to see whether it came out the other side (I've no idea why -- there's no hole in back); she slides into the tent and forces it into areas where she can't get at it so that I have to rescue it for her (always a good sign for a cat toy).  I'd post pictures but I'm still having camera problems; I hope to fix that some time this weekend.  And I have no idea who makes the little tents; there's no brand name on them.  I wonder whether one of the things Jasmine likes about this toy is just the fact that it's used and therefore smells like other cats, whereas the tunnel was new?

I've found that some of the best cat toys are the cheapest ones -- paper bags, the cardboard core from a roll of paper towels or T.P., empty boxes, crumpled up paper.  (Jasmine just loves fencing with the paper towel core, with a human on the other end -- interactive play, she gets some actual opposition, and my hands and arms are safe from scratches and bites.  When I give up, she proceeds to wrestle with it.)

Margret

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Zoe seems very happy there @betsygee  Maybe Ozzie (that's Ozzie, right?) will like it more once Zoe has made sure it's safe for him.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Zoe seems very happy there @betsygee  Maybe Ozzie (that's Ozzie, right?) will like it more once Zoe has made sure it's safe for him.
That's probably true.  Ozzy is the scaredy cat of the bunch.  He probably needs the others to test it out first.   
    Well, somebody had some fun with it--I found the whole thing turned almost upside down this morning.  Cool.