Question Of The Day. Saturday 15th Of April.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

:cutecat:

I've been looking around the house today thinking I really need to brighten the walls up a bit. I could do with some more things to look at.

What do you have on your walls at home? Pictures? Posters? Photographs? Anything else?

I have one long mirror with fairly lights around it, one framed photograph (A very arty shot of my sister) 3 calendars, a smaller framed photograph taken when I was in New York, some stencils of birds, cats and butterfly and two wall mounted scratching boards for the cats.

What's on your walls?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
throughout the house i've got several framed pictures, some metal stars (of various sizes, some painted), a handful of medium sized tin signs (for example, one sign says 'Fresh Milk...Full cream, cheese, & butter' and has a picture of a cow standing on grass on it), a cat themed wall clock, a cat rescue calendar, a latch hook rug (was a gift), three decoupage on wood items, (in the kitchen) a very pretty ceramic painted trivet (from Spain) and a handmade pot holder (was a gift) and a copper mold, and......a lot of cat wall furniture!

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Growing up, we were not allowed to put a thing on the walls. I overcompensate - almost every wall has SOMETHING on it, and a few have more than one. I have many framed pictures; not photographs, though. Many are light weight and I've been able to use Command hooks for hanging - no damage to the walls. So I guess SOME of Mum and Dad's training is still with me! LOL

I recently redid the bathroom decor. Discovered wall decals - there are many sorts, but some do not harm the wall paint and can be removed and reused over again. I ordered a few of those, and like the finished results of my little project.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My in-laws are always telling us our walls are bare (theirs are cluttered!), though we have some hooked rugs, decorative pewter plates and framed photographs up.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have paintings (That my maternal great grandmother painted and my paternal grandmother) a couple of posters and framed baggies I got from Ireland.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have pictures and a few decorative knick knacks. I have one of those signs with a wire hanger on it that says 'cats are like potato chips...you can't have just one'. I would like to find one with the saying 'what part of meow don't you understand'. I haven't run across that one yet even though it is available all over the internet.

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, too many to name..,

I have mostly cat pictures, my husband's classic car posters, a mirror decal that says "peace", a clock, and things resembling 8-bit video game items/characters used as wall decorations, just to name a few.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, too many to name..,

I have mostly cat pictures, my husband's classic car posters, a mirror decal that says "peace", a clock, and things resembling 8-bit video game items/characters used as wall decorations, just to name a few.
Good morning.
Pictures would be nice but I don't know how to hang them. I only have 1 picture on my basement wall and the rest of my walls are bare.

Ellen
:cutecat:

I've been looking around the house today thinking I really need to brighten the walls up a bit. I could do with some more things to look at.

What do you have on your walls at home? Pictures? Posters? Photographs? Anything else?

I have one long mirror with fairly lights around it, one framed photograph (A very arty shot of my sister) 3 calendars, a smaller framed photograph taken when I was in New York, some stencils of birds, cats and butterfly and two wall mounted scratching boards for the cats.

What's on your walls?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around the house it's mostly horse pictures. In my personal space (my room) I have a lithograph of a snow leopard and a bamboo something of a tiger. I also have a picture of David Tennant that my son's girlfriend drew for me. (it's awsome, she is so talented)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm embarrassed to say not much but there's a reason
My house has hand plastered walls in most common areas. Hanging directly into that material is a delicate process and one we don't feel comfortable doing. I have some paintings standing up in places and there's one hung between the foyer and kitchen.
I have so many things in the attic; floral and landscape paintings, sketches my dad did, art made by friends, and even a few of mine.
The sad thing is art is important to me. We really should do something about it already.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have various paintings, prints, old maps, Edwardian fashion plates (from magazines of the day) and other artwork around the house (mostly downstairs). A pretty eclectic mixture really. We have a load more paintings and prints stored away too - we really do seem to accumulate artwork in this house (at least in part because a cousin was a well respected artist, and we have a fair amount of his work, among other things). We also have some old copper jelly (jello) moulds, an antique warming pan, and a few other things of that nature (my grandmother was an antiques dealer).

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have a lot of cat pictures and prints. We're fans of CatmanDrew and I'm a big Charles Wysocki fan, so we have some prints.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a few wall decals of cartoon-ish owls, 3 panels of sculptured wall art featuring birds kind of like this, my college diploma, and a framed hand drawn picture (not by me. Got it from the college's online bookstore) of one of the campus buildings where I spent a lot of time in.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A little bit of everything.

In the room I'm in now I have a TV, two large cross stitch pieces, a wooden clock, a shadbox for my father and some frame s photos I took.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All our walls are painted white. Neither one of us likes colored walls. There's a ton of stuff on our walls, especially in the kitchen. I love paintings of all kinds.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of prints by my favorite artist ' Edna Hibel - also framed pictures of nieces, cats, our wedding picture, a beautiful picture of my Rainbow kitty - Tony.