Question of The Day. Saturday 13th of August.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was brought up to take my shoes off as soon as I get into the house. I still do that. Love going barefoot. 

If you are looking at LL Bean for a pair of shoe boots, please try out the "Snow Sneakers". I bought a pair about 6 years ago, and I practically live in there during the winter. I go the ankle high shoe-boots. They are awesome!! Warm, snow proof, comfortable....when I bought them, the salesperson was raving about them. They really grip well also....Great investment. I have only had to replace the laces.. When these wear out, I will definitely replace them with a new pair of the same. 

Only thing, it is kind of a pain to lace them just before I go out, and come in, so I put a small chair and a rug at the door--I hate having the sand and ice melt in the house. 
thank you for mentioning the snow sneakers! actually, my feet (especially one particular foot) gets quite uncomfortable/painful at times. i have not tried on the snow sneakers, but the pathfinder's where simply heavenly for my feet -- absolutely no pain or discomfort, and on a day when my feet were 'screaming' at me.

oh no! LL Bean has a lifetime guarantee on all the items they sell, online or in-store. as long as you have your receipt, you'll never need to buy a replacement...just bring your receipt and the item to the store and you'll be given a replacement at no cost -- and a new receipt, so if that replacement item wears out or such, you just go get another replacement. that's the thing about Bean, they stand behind their items.

i had a pair of Bean slippers -- warmest and most comfortable slippers ever, that the sherpa lining wore down/through on them. i just brought them in (with my receipt) and got a replacement pair (with new receipt) earlier this summer. they gave me a gift card with the $4.15 difference in price on it too -- the price i bought the original pair at vs the current price.

LL Bean is a company that has 'integrity'. and yes, it really is a great investment, buying items from Bean.

i plan on buying a backpack and a pair of Bean Boots this fall, and will use the gift card towards this purchase. next spring, i'll buy the Pathfinder's.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@mickNsnicks2mom, I will wholeheartedly second the snow sneakers from LL Bean. They are that comfortable that I wear them out walking during lunch in the winter. And I can easily slip on a pair of YakTrax over them when necessary. I really do like them.They are warm and they are comfy. And they look nice, too. 

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/88397?page=snow-sneaker-3-mid-lace-womens Mine are blue; they're fairly old now, but still comfy and still keep me going in the winter.

I have tried a no-shoe rule inside the house. It never lasts because Rick won't do it. He just won't. I would keep a pair of deck shoes at the bottom of the steps for him to put on when he comes home from work. He refuses. In the morning, he'll wear the deck shoes to take The Beast out to pee. Wears them right back into the house, up the steps, and into the living room. It's not a biggie to him.

And I refuse to go barefoot in this house. Despite all the vacuuming that I do, there's hair all over the place. Cat litter all over the place. I've stepped in more than my share of hairballs....nothing is more disgusting than stepping into a hairball at 5:00 in the morning. Well, unless it's mouse guts! Norachan, I saw that and I just 
 and 
. Ew. Just ewwwwwww.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@mickNsnicks2mom, I will wholeheartedly second the snow sneakers from LL Bean. They are that comfortable that I wear them out walking during lunch in the winter. And I can easily slip on a pair of YakTrax over them when necessary. I really do like them.They are warm and they are comfy. And they look nice, too. 

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/88397?page=snow-sneaker-3-mid-lace-womens Mine are blue; they're fairly old now, but still comfy and still keep me going in the winter.

I have tried a no-shoe rule inside the house. It never lasts because Rick won't do it. He just won't. I would keep a pair of deck shoes at the bottom of the steps for him to put on when he comes home from work. He refuses. In the morning, he'll wear the deck shoes to take The Beast out to pee. Wears them right back into the house, up the steps, and into the living room. It's not a biggie to him.

And I refuse to go barefoot in this house. Despite all the vacuuming that I do, there's hair all over the place. Cat litter all over the place. I've stepped in more than my share of hairballs....nothing is more disgusting than stepping into a hairball at 5:00 in the morning. Well, unless it's mouse guts! Norachan, I saw that and I just 
 and 
. Ew. Just ewwwwwww.
they look great for the winter, with their insulation in them. my plan is for Bean boots for the winter, as i really only wear boots outdoors during the winter -- to go shopping, use the rider mower with it's snow blower attachment, and to move firewood. the Pathfinder's will be for warm weather and wearing them outdoors for shopping or walking to the post office (about a 2 minute walk). for other warm weather outdoors chores, i'll wear my work boots.