Question Of The Day, Saturday 13th April.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
:hellosmiley:

If you were going to start taking classes or join a club what would you like to learn how to do?

Something active would suit me. I'd love to learn African dance or Hip Hop dance. It looks like so much fun, and even though I'm not as coordinated as some of the kids I see doing this kind of dance I know I'd really enjoy it.

Maybe something crafty would be good too. I've always wanted to improve my wood-work skills, so some kind of carpentry or wood carving class would be nice.

I wouldn't bother with any cooking classes though. Down that path lies disaster.
:cringe:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I will be taking Master Gardener classes next year.

My sister and I have often talked about learning how to drywall. It would come in handy and, once we're both retired, it would be something we could do to earn a bit of extra money. In our area, people are always looking for drywallers.

I'd love to take cake decorating classes.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Bahasa Melayu (Malaysian). I did it at school but would love to be fluent. It's used all though Malaysia and Indonesia, our close neighbours.
Or sewing.. I can do the basics but would love to make nice clothes.
Or mosaics. I'd love to make a big colourful birdbath....

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had an interest in meditation for awhile now. I don't want to get into the New Age stuff but the traditional practice. There are a couple of Buddhist centers in Columbus and I am getting closer to actually going. I thought maybe a Buddhist center would more likely be a traditional practice of meditation rather then going the New Age route.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to know more on home improvement type stuff. I can do things like lay floors, drywall\plaster, basic carpentry etc...but to be able to do my own plumbing or electrical would be fantastic!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Painting if we are talking taking classes from like a community center. I am planning on going to grad school next year though in GIS.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been thinking about a plumbing class for a while since it is one household thing that I should be able to do but am too intimidated to.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
probably plumbing and electrical. i've done a couple small electrical things myself, with good results, but i have very limited knowledge. with knowledge and proper training, i believe i'd be very good with electrical work. i'm very meticulous, and have a (very) healthy respect for electricity.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd learn French if I was any good at learning other languages. We had French classes in elementary school, but I wasn't very interested at the time. I call the extent of my knowledge of the language "cereal box French." :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Art classes; definitely. This is what I want to do with my time when I retire. :lol:

The thing about art is; you don't HAVE to be good. It's a great outlet to express yourself. You don't HAVE to even share it. Just enjoy the process of seeing what you can do. I took a Color & Composition class in college that was taught primarily via painting because you can mix colors and what not. I loved it. I'd never really painted before but it was fun. We weren't graded on our skills as artists either. I discovered it's a good way to lose yourself for a bit. :cloud9: