Question of The Day. Saturday 12th of November

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest living relative is my grandma who just turned 97. Nobody else in my family has even come to close to that before they passed away.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm it. I don't have any relatives living that are older than me, and I'll leave you guessing as to how old I am. But I'm not as old as my father, who was nearly 90 when he died, or my mother, who was 83.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds like between us all we have some pretty good genes. All we have to do is eat our greens and go for a walk every day and we should live to be 100.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

It sounds like between us all we have some pretty good genes. All we have to do is eat our greens and go for a walk every day and we should live to be 100.

Doesn't it? And if we go back one generation (and at my age, you almost have to), my parents and uncles (no aunts by blood) all lived well into their 80s and 90s, and my great aunts and uncles on Daddy's side were into their 80s and 90s, the great aunts and uncles on MOM's side were all into the high 90s and early 100s.  The eldest of them dropped dead unexpectedly at the age of 105.  Yes, unexpectedly.  He gardened, and walked over 4 miles a day,  and was healthier than I am now.  He died in his sleep during a nap, after a night out with two little ladies in their 80s.  They were out ALL night, ate breakfast at the local diner, and that afternoon he told his housekeeper that he was going to take a little nap before supper, and never woke up.  Stunned the whole family.  We blame it on those younger women...