Question of The Day. Saturday 11th of February

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

I'm not fussy when it comes to house cleaning. I won't tolerate someone leaving dirty dishes in the sink and the paper towels and TP must go over the top not underneath the roll. When I was working it would make me so mad to go in the kitchen and find dishes in the sink.

I pretty much use only brand names. Bounty, Dawn, and Kraft etc. I've also started buying a lot of organic food and household products. They are more expensive but I feel better using them when I can.
I'm with you on going out and leaving the sink full of dishes. If ever I have to rush out without doing the washing up those dishes are at the back of my mind all day

@Winchester  @sivyaleah  my kitchen is too tiny for anything to get lost in there. It's about the same size as a galley on a boat. All the more reason to make sure everything is put away as soon as you've finished using it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, my mom could not go to bed at night if there was a dirty coffee cup in the sink. And even if it was just that one dirty coffee cup, she'd have to run a while sink full of water to wash that cup. And then she'd wipe down the counter tops. And the kitchen table. And the stove. Just for that one dirty cup.

Our kitchen isn't all that big either, all the more reason to try to keep things neat in my mind. I just don't like to have to go rooting through drawers to find the knife or the spatula I need. It makes cooking so much easier when I can open the drawer and grab what I need, without even looking for it. I'm pretty anal that way.

TP not a big deal for me. Sometimes the roll may not even make it to the spindle 
 (sorry). My sister came over one time and the spindle was empty and there were only a few sheets left on the roll that I had put on the back of the toilet. She took the empty cardboard off the spindle, brought the other empty cardboard out to the kitchen, shook both cardboard tubes at me, and said, "Really? You can't even put TP on the spindle? AT ALL?" In my defense, I was going to do it.....when I got around to it. Honest. I guess it's not a priority. Sometimes Rick will do it. I just don't think about it. 

@Mamanyt1953, that is fascinating. I used to know a woman who used to wonder from time to time if she was cursed because things didn't always go well for her. She was serious. And when we were kids, the old woman who lived across the street from us was said to be....not a witch, exactly....a bruja? Which I guess is kind of like a witch. They didn't call her a witch, though; it was another name. But I remember that when her granddaughter left the house (it was due to something that had happened), the woman went out that night and swept the driveway for a good hour; she was sweeping traces of her granddaughter away, so that she would never come back. And I remember that one night, my mom was shaving her legs and hit a varicose vein. I had to go across the street to bring the old woman over. She did something to Mom's leg and she read a passage from the Bible (I don't remember what it was) and the bleeding immediately stopped. She used to do other stuff, too; I remember when I first started getting migraines, she gave Mom some kind of herbal thing to put under my pillow....Mom was afraid of it and wouldn't let me try it.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm fussy about certain things where quality difference is obvious.  Ketchup has to be Heintz!  Mayo has to be Hellmens.  Tartar sauce has to be Kraft. (So weird I know.)  Toilet Paper has to be the right kind of Scott brand.I don't like the store brand canned or frozen veggies.  Basically; if the generic has a real effect on taste or performance I try to get a name brand.  if there isn't a big difference and the savings are good; the generic is the top choice! 

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IM FUSSY ABOUT ALL THINGS.. TOO MUCH SO..  from my jeep .. has to be immaculate in and out at all times.. my food.. i like to cook so my pantry and fridge are stocked.. 

-Webers mustard

-Open pit bbq

-Miracle whip (yes im one of those talk to my parents ) 

-Fresh flowers delivered every week

-Organizing the fridge.. all condiments on door.. 

-Laundry. has to be Gain..

-Dishsoap has to be the pink Dawn hand renewal

-Heinz ketchup

-Downy fabric softener always

-Starbucks or Tim Hortons coffee

-Typhoo Tea

My clothes, no stretch in my jeans .keeps me honest.. hahha.. yes my BF and i have CONSTANT conversations about me letting up a bit.. uh.. no.. u tighten it up! ..wash my bathroom and kitchen floor and vacuum every night! cant sleep if i dont.. 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am Felix. Husband is Oscar. We have fought about cleaning more than anything in our marriage.

One thing I cannot abide is a dirty floor. Especially the kitchen floor.

Disorder or disarray of any kind makes me physically ill. Makes me hard to live with, I admit.

Everything has a place & I like everything in its place. No clutter or accumulation of junk.

NY Times article one time said that if your house is tidy people will assume it is also clean. Very true. My house is always tidy, but not always spotlessly clean.

As to brands. Bounty paper towel. Scott toilet tissue. Palmolive Pure and Clean dish detergent. Tide laundry detergent. Ivory bar soap. Sensodyne toothpaste for me.

Good thread!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

You know, my mom could not go to bed at night if there was a dirty coffee cup in the sink. And even if it was just that one dirty coffee cup, she'd have to run a while sink full of water to wash that cup. And then she'd wipe down the counter tops. And the kitchen table. And the stove. Just for that one dirty cup.

Our kitchen isn't all that big either, all the more reason to try to keep things neat in my mind. I just don't like to have to go rooting through drawers to find the knife or the spatula I need. It makes cooking so much easier when I can open the drawer and grab what I need, without even looking for it. I'm pretty anal that way.

TP not a big deal for me. Sometimes the roll may not even make it to the spindle 
 (sorry). My sister came over one time and the spindle was empty and there were only a few sheets left on the roll that I had put on the back of the toilet. She took the empty cardboard off the spindle, brought the other empty cardboard out to the kitchen, shook both cardboard tubes at me, and said, "Really? You can't even put TP on the spindle? AT ALL?" In my defense, I was going to do it.....when I got around to it. Honest. I guess it's not a priority. Sometimes Rick will do it. I just don't think about it. 

@Mamanyt1953, that is fascinating. I used to know a woman who used to wonder from time to time if she was cursed because things didn't always go well for her. She was serious. And when we were kids, the old woman who lived across the street from us was said to be....not a witch, exactly....a bruja? Which I guess is kind of like a witch. They didn't call her a witch, though; it was another name. But I remember that when her granddaughter left the house (it was due to something that had happened), the woman went out that night and swept the driveway for a good hour; she was sweeping traces of her granddaughter away, so that she would never come back. And I remember that one night, my mom was shaving her legs and hit a varicose vein. I had to go across the street to bring the old woman over. She did something to Mom's leg and she read a passage from the Bible (I don't remember what it was) and the bleeding immediately stopped. She used to do other stuff, too; I remember when I first started getting migraines, she gave Mom some kind of herbal thing to put under my pillow....Mom was afraid of it and wouldn't let me try it.
LOL...MOST people who think that they are cursed are victims of their own poor choices.  In actually fact, it's much easier to take revenge, if you are that sort of person, in a very mundane fashion.  But there are always a few who want to cut the wrong corners.