Question of The Day. Saturday 10th of October.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't care for rap, especially gangsta rap. I don't care for any music if it is really loud. I was that way when I was younger as well which is why I went to very few concerts. I wouldn't realize how much it was affecting me until it stopped. It was like I could take a deep breath and relax, I can actually feel the stress leaving within a few minutes.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
German Carnival (and Ballermann) Hits. You need to be very drunk to tolerate them but, as most people in the audience are drunk anyway, it doesn't matter - they'd dance to nursery rhymes.
Oh dear! Sorry if I've offended anybody :sorry:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like classical or country music. But I do love Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton and Patsy Cline. My favorite is rock music from the 60's and 70's. Especially the Beatles.l

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was never much of a Beatles fan either. Over-rated, in my not-so-humble opinion.

I despise country music with a passion. The more the twang, the more I hate it. Probably because, when I came home from school, Mom would be playing records, so I had to listen to Jim Reeves and Hank Williams. (Just shoot me now)

No rap here either. One time, I came home from work and our son was playing 2 Live Crew. I always had a thing about censoring his music, I guess because my parents were always yelling at me about my choices. But while I was making dinner, I actually started listening to the lyrics. Whoa! I walked back to his room and said, "You know, I never thought I'd do this. But that music cannot be in this house. Take it out to your car and keep it there. Don't bring it back. I'm serious." He knew I was deadly serious, turned it off, took the CD (it may have been a cassette, I don't remember), said "OK, Mom," and took it out to his car. And that was that.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was okay with country music until on a 7- month deployment, we were subjected to a constant barrage of pre-recorded stuff. This was long before satellite radio, so there was no alternative. As a result, I hate country with a purple passion. In fact, the only genre that I hate more is rap, which is missing only the initial 'c'.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like classical music. I hate instrumentals because there are no words. I don't like jazz much or rap. I hate swearing. Slightly naughty is okay, but I don't like raunch.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was okay with country music until on a 7- month deployment, we were subjected to a constant barrage of pre-recorded stuff. This was long before satellite radio, so there was no alternative. As a result, I hate country with a purple passion. In fact, the only genre that I hate more is rap, which is missing only the initial 'c'.
I suppose you would get sick pretty quick of songs about how your wife left you but I miss my dog, the three legged cow and hoooome oooon the raaaaange and Buffalo poops.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Country and Western, especially with that really full on American 'twang' (sorry to anyone I've offended :paranoid:)
Ditto. My stepdaughter has inexplicably started liking country music. I don't know what happened. She wasn't raised that way.
:lol:

I despise country music with a passion. The more the twang, the more I hate it. Probably because, when I came home from school, Mom would be playing records, so I had to listen to Jim Reeves and Hank Williams. (Just shoot me now)
I hear you. My dad was from south Texas. He listened to that stuff all the time, and we had to watch Hee Haw every Sunday night. Child abuse, IMO.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ditto. My stepdaughter has inexplicably started liking country music. I don't know what happened. She wasn't raised that way.
:lol:

I hear you. My dad was from south Texas. He listened to that stuff all the time, and we had to watch Hee Haw every Sunday night. Child abuse, IMO.
Oh Hee Haw. We also had to watch that. Lawrence Welk too which was worse. At least Hee Haw was funny at times.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Country music is the only genre of music that I really can't stand. The thought of line dancing sounds like the most depressing evening ever to me!

As for artists, Ariana Grande is really overhyped to me. Not too fond of the Beatles either.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can appreciate almost anything...but some of that heavy metal grunge type music is...difficult. I don't understand the appeal of scream singing. Doesn't that ruin your vocal cords??

I don't really listen to music like I used to. I used to listen to a wide variety; as long as the lyrics were clean. Music feeds your soul...why feed your soul negative junk like that? :dunno:

I do see why people dislike stuff that is over-produced. It's like they are compensating for a lack of talent. There is too much talent out there to have to do that.

I don't care for super-twangy country; but when DD was a baby blue grass would settle her and put her to sleep. :doh: I blame DH's country roots. But DH has never even been into country music so maybe it's MIL's fault. She's the one who figured that out.:lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EDM, Electronica, anything played in clubs really. I also hate modern country. I read an opinion piece somewhere that said 9/11 ruined country music because it suddenly became all about blind patriotism, Christianity, and 'Murica. Most country before 2000 is good, but after that, I can't stand it.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh Hee Haw. We also had to watch that. Lawrence Welk too which was worse. At least Hee Haw was funny at times.

:gaah: Thanks for re-planting that memory in my head. :lol: I watched many, many hours of that as well.