Question Of The Day. Saturday 10th Of November.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

:wave3:

Do you like shopping? Where's your favourite place to shop? How about your least favourite?

I don't like shopping very much. Grocery shopping is boring, shopping for clothes and shoes is a form of torture. I don't like all that bright neon lighting most stores have and big department stores and malls make me feel uncomfortable. I like to be able to see outside at all times, I've been known to walk into a store and then walk straight back out again because it's been too crowded and claustrophobic.

The only stores I really like are hardware stores, because they smell of all that lovely fresh cut wood, and pet stores. I can always have fun looking at the cat beds and scratchers and trees and thinking about how to make something similar.

How about you, do you like to shop?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I despise any shopping that can't be done at outlets, pet stores or enormous grocery stores like Tesco. Give me online shopping any time!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I did enough shopping when my kids were younger to last a lifetime. :biggrin: Now if I have to go shopping I prefer an outdoor mall since I can't stand the lighting, noise or feeling of being cooped up at an indoor mall. As far as my least favorite shopping it would have to be at the grocery store. It's obviously a necessity so I try to get everything I need at one store but that rarely happens. ;) Without a doubt my favorite shopping is at our local pet store especially when they are having a pet adoption event. :greenpaw::bluepaw:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Put me in a pet store or craft store or book store and I'm happy for hours :D I don't mind grocery shopping except for the annoying people who block off the entrance to an aisle or a popular display with their cart and then walk away to get an item somewhere else :angrywoman:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like shopping for goods and groceries. I can wander happily around Costco, Menards, Petco, Hobby Lobby, etc. for hours. I HATE clothes/shoe shopping though. I don't like having to try things on.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I actually like grocery shopping. I find it relaxing and I sometimes meet people. I like to cook my own meals so that could be why ...
A Walmart just opened near me - eh ... too much noise and too loud. I buy cat food there of course !
The only stores I really like are hardware stores, because they smell of all that lovely fresh cut wood,
~ I like hardware stores also. Many people like the smell of lumber.
I like shopping for goods and groceries. I can wander happily around Costco, Menards, Petco, Hobby Lobby, etc. for hours. I HATE clothes/shoe shopping though. I don't like having to try things on.
~ Same here . Hobby Lobby is great to look around. Costco seems a place to buy things by the case/pallet - like if you have a business to supply.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not keen on real life shopping, especially in bigger or more crowded stores, or at busy times of day. I love online shopping though, and even better if it's gifts for friends/family (including all four-legged ones;)).

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only really enjoy shopping when it something I need at a given time. Even then I don't hang out in the store for a long time. On my travels, I'll enjoy having a quick gander at local goodies.

I don't enjoy shopping as a hobby, I feel like I am just wasting time (And money, for that matter) and can get boring or burnt out. Happy to just go in, quick browse, get what I need, then out I go, and next. Light exploring :thumbsup: and be in the mood for it.

As for favourites and least favourites...favourites include books, cosmetics/skincare, tea and scented stuff, animal stuff, souvenirs and things for travels. I also like thrift store shopping or antiques. Least favourite would probably be shoes or home hardware stuff. I don't mind grocery shopping, sometimes even like it.

Bra shopping isn't always fun. I like getting new dainties and underthings but I am a petite chested region person :lol: no matter where I go, 90% of the items are only B size or higher. And when I do find a proper size, they are not as cute or pretty as the other sizes. Having to explore through the whole boutique - even with a kindly help of an associate, who often has to explore with me! - then try on a already limited constant selection isn't always grand.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bra shopping isn't always fun. I like getting new dainties and underthings but I am a petite chested region person :lol: no matter where I go, 90% of the items are only B size or higher. And when I do find a proper size, they are not as cute or pretty as the other sizes. Having to explore through the whole boutique - even with a kindly help of an associate, who often has to explore with me! - then try on a already limited constant selection isn't always grand.
You need to come to the UK for bra shopping - most standard (as opposed to large cup size) ranges start at an A cup ;) It might be the same in mainland Europe too - a lot of brands here are European ones :)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't walk very well anymore, so I do most of my shopping online, except for groceries, and when I was paralyzed for six weeks, I bought groceries online, too. Now I use the scooters, and an hour in the grocery store is enough to wear me out for the rest of the day.

cassiopea cassiopea - Check out nylingerie.com. They have a wide range of sizes and styles. I order all of my lingerie from them and have been very pleased.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I love shopping, that's like asking if I love breathing. I like cheaper stores like Walmart, Target, JCPenney, Gap, Old Navy, and whatever clothing stores are in the mall I'm at.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
My bank account is never safe at the following places:
- Pet stores
- Craft supply stores
- Music/Movies stores
- L. L. Bean (I live waaaay too close to the original flagship store!)
- Vape shops (altho i do save by buying most of my vape stuff online)
- Grocery stores when I'm hungry!

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wouldn't say that i enjoy shopping, more that it's a necessity. i do spend quite a bit of time researching to find the lowest prices (that don't sacrifice quality), though.

i don't mind shopping either. i don't go shopping often, so it's not too bad.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like shopping a lot more than I used to. I prefer shopping with other people as it's more fun, however I don't mind shopping on my own and browsing at different things. I'm obsessed with pet stores (even on holiday, I *have* to look in the local pet store or pet section at supermarkets), book stores, stationary stores and stores such as Tiger, Hema, etc that are just for "bits and pieces". I like looking in cosmetic stores like Lush, Sabon, Sephora (wish they had Sephora in the UK!) and other 'practical' stores such as Muji and Hobbycraft.
When I was little, I loved looking in camping stores such as Millets even though I don't go camping much at all, haha.
And of course, the Poundland (the British equivalent to the Dollar Tree etc) is one of my guilty pleasure shops. They have so much for so little!

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It depends on what I'm shopping for. I could spend a weekend at Ikea but I hate going to the mall. I'm fine grocery shopping and prefer to do most of my other shopping online. I think it's the mentality of it is if I can walk out at any time, I'm fine with it. If I have to find a gift/outfit to wear/appliance etc...then it's torture.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like wandering around Home Depot since I do some home remodeling myself (only small projects). I like to look at the tile, storage, etc.

I haven't shopped in a mall in years, or pretty much any retail store except for fabric/craft stores, ever since I discovered thrift stores. And even there I try to buy the color of the week or whatever the special is. I just don't need a lot of things anymore., But going to a thrift store is a treasure hunt.

The only things I buy retail are perishables or things I can't get in a thrift store like thread. I have to buy new thread and yarn. There are 2 huge discount fabric shops near me. I sometimes go with a friend and we just wander around. Nothing is over 2.99/yd (for 54 inch upholstery fabric) so you would think I would not spend much but it usually adds up to $50 or more. Therefore I don't go often.

I don't mind grocery shopping too much. I go at 8 am on Sunday and get in and out. I have started ordering online though and just go pick it up. The only disadvantage is that I don't see the clearance items.

I also go to Dollar Tree every 2 weeks or so. There are certain things I get there which are not always in stock so if they have it I buy several.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't walk very well anymore, so I do most of my shopping online, except for groceries, and when I was paralyzed for six weeks, I bought groceries online, too. Now I use the scooters, and an hour in the grocery store is enough to wear me out for the rest of the day.

cassiopea cassiopea - Check out nylingerie.com. They have a wide range of sizes and styles. I order all of my lingerie from them and have been very pleased.
You said you have ordered groceries online. It might be worth it to go back to that, in order not to be exhausted, and use your energy for something else. I have started ordering online and then picking up. I have such little time it is worth it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I do like to shop, but have to really be in the mood. Tonight we went to the mall after dinner, to walk some of our dinner off. Rick bought a pair of jeans and I bought some underwear. That was it, but we walked around and window-shopped a bit before leaving and coming home. I like to get out and walking around a store is not bad exercise, especially around a mall, when it's not too crowded and I can zoom. I hate having to walk slowly.

I have off work for the Veterans holiday on Monday and, if I can get my chores done around the house tomorrow, I may go out a bit shopping by myself. I don't mind shopping alone.

I like going to Lowes. I buy clothing at Christopher and Banks and try to use coupons there when I can. We enjoy going to the outlets down at Lancaster, PA and will go there 3 times a year or so.

You'll never, ever see me inside a WalMart. I refuse. I got tired of dealing with clerks who were sick and yet working, clerks who didn't want to do the job they were hired to do, and clerks that clearly didn't know what they were doing. The WalMart stores around here are packed with clerks like that. No thanks.