Question of the Day - October 30th

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep - called twice in my life. The first time I got on a few cases (day) - was pretty interesting. Second time was not called at all.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I was called three times and served once. The very first time I was called - and it was so interesting, I would never hesitate to serve again - unless it was a case that was going to keep me from work for a long time! I was on a case that lasted about 4 days and we brought back a guilty verdict. Now here is the weird part: about 3 weeks after I was on jury duty, I was at a party and was talking about my experiences, etc. A young man turned around and looked at me and said - I am the guy that you convicted!
How strange was that? He was cool, I was a little nervous but it was a "what a small world" moment!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been summoned twice but both times when I've called the day before as instructed the recording said I was not needed.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

*knocks on wood* I've never been called. I hate sitting somewhere with people I'm not familiar with, doing sometime I'm not comfortable with.

I'm not comfortable w/ a bunch of strangers, either.

Haven't been called yet, and I hope I never am!
Although I suppose it could be an interesting experience, and I wouldn't mind doing my civic duty...

~KK~

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been called, but not selected. The closest I came was being a backup in the courtroom.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been summoned several times, but never actually served. Two or three times I had to ask to be excused due to work issues at the time -- not that my employer would have given me any grief about serving, and I would have received full salary, but the timing was just impossible. Once, the trial did not go ahead and the pool was not reassigned. I appeared for selection twice, of which I was called once and challenged.

I'd actually like serve. I think it would be very interesting.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was called once when I lived in California. I don't remember the exact details but it was a woman who fought with the cops when she was arrested. I was actually selected for the jury for the final selection. I think they asked a question about having good experiences with cops or something (this was years ago) & I said yes & had to tell a brief story about a cop who helped me with a stalker guy who kept bothering me. They let me go.