Question of the day Oct 11th.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't get snow here, I've only ever seen it twice in my life. I couldn't imagine living with it constantly.

We've had crazy weather though, lately. First is was that horrible dust storm, then a couple of weeks ago it was so hot I put the air con on. And this past week it's been so cold it's back to heating.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the first snow storm everything looks so great, and I like to take a long walk in it. But then it turn all slushy and slippery and I hate it. By January I'm already looking for spring to start

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I LOVE winter!!! Nothing like cozing up to a wood burning fire! We never get snow here, it snowed once in my 20 years of living here. It sometimes gets cold enough to snow, but it just doesnt! I really cant let weather get in my way, im so buisy with school, horses, work that I cant just stay home. Im just glad our 110 degree type of weather is gone!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BABZ

Oh...I love, love the winter! I just wish we would get some good snow storms, but I don't think it happens anymore around here.
We might get a dusting (a teasing), but that's about it.
Hmmmm how about paying me a visit let's say about the end of January and we can have a little chat about the difference between a good snow storm. And yes I know the ones you mean, the temps just a few degree freezing, big fluffy flakes drifting down cover every because there is no wind to blow them around...Now let talk Canadian Blizzard. Snow-falling a rate of 10 inches and hour, gale forced winds causing whiteout condition. Wind chill factors falling well into -30's. And the roads that road crew work on 24/7 just make anyone in my province at least can make to a Maple Leafs game in 4 hours or less.

Sorry Base Ball fans I know your games my be called because of rain, I have yet to hear of hockey game call on account of snow.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all....CoolCat....that was so NOT cool.
I am freezing today! But honestly I wouldn't want 100deg F weather alot.

I love all the seasons for very different reasons. Its about adapting. Enjoying what each season has to offer. The winter time offers a great chance to SLOW DOWN and really reflect on things. Than when spring comes you can do just that! SPRING! into action!

I think of fires and sitting around those fires with a hot drink and family. Just relaxing and chatting.
Snuggling with kitties and loved ones.
Good food like stews and shepards pie and fruit pies.

The first few drives in the snow can be a chore. Mainly because of people who forget how to drive in this kind of weather!
Its a good thing I know take the train to work!

I find winter takes a lot more preparation than the other seasons. So that can be difficult till you get into the swing of things. Making sure you have the proper clothing and your car and home is winter ready.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate cold weather. One of these days I'll finally convince my hubby to move to Texas or Florida. Hopefully once the housing market picks back up we will do so. We had our first snow on Saturday, got about 6 inches (at least on our yard) and I HATED it! I hate snow period.