Question Of The Day - Monday, September 9, 2019

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Antennas don't work in our town at all because we live in a valley surrounded by forest, so the only options are cable or satellite dish. We have the former, but rarely watch anything but newscasts. We have Amazon Prime and sometimes watch it on our laptops.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have cable but cancelled tv. I have my landline and internet through them. I watch movies and series from the library

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use cable, but we also have an android box.
The CRTC changed a bunch of things that was supposed to make things better for consumers of TV/internet/phone, but surprise surprise :rolleyes3:, if I changed my cable/internet/phone package to the new standards, I would end up paying more for what I currently have. So I can't cancel my current plan, if I do, I can't ever get it back as it's not something offered anymore.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Cable and (sometimes) the Amazon Fire Stick

The McShed has cable (Rick wanted it for his football games) and we're going to have Netflix out there, too. At least the trial Netflix, so that I can watch all the episodes from the last season of Lucifer. If it turns out that we like Netflix, we'll keep it.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have cable. A few years ago we signed up for a plan that gave us 4 DVR's for a very good price. So, my wife records shows on 2 of them, and I record shows on the other 2. 99% of our TV viewing is shows that were recorded on the DVR's. If I am somewhere else (like a motel) watching TV, as soon as a commercial comes on, I instinctively reach for the remote to fast forward.:hyper:

We have an Amazon Prime membership. So, I have a Smart TV and a BluRay player configured to watch Amazon Prime shows/movies.

And, we have a lot of movies, TV series and exercise videos on DVD/BluRay.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
iview, which is an Australian thing where you can catch up on TV.. ABC and SBS are the channels I 'iview'. And Netflix.