Question of the Day - Monday, September 5, 2022

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We invented civilization so we wouldn't have to live like that
I am going to borrow that line and use it on DH!! :lol:

One of my old boss' was part of a camper club. They camped basically every weekend mid spring into fall. They'd all be booked at the same place so they knew people there. But at least they went to numerous campgrounds and saw different places. And they got their money's worth out of the camper. Sometimes my mom would do overnight job coaching near her house (we all worked together) so she'd set up the camper in her yard (small farm) so mom could come rest without having to go all the way home. They were friends before the job (not so much after...:rolleyes2:). I think the thing had AC in it too. I am just way too much of a homebody to want to use one so much like that. I'd have to bring Mooch. :lol: Maybe then it would be more like bringing home on vacation?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I also do not like tent camping because of the bugs and all, and heat in areas where there is high humidity.
Ironically, I like the outdoors. If I have a motor home I'd probably do a lot of picnics and camping though, and retreat to my motor home when I need the airconditioner. :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up in a camping family and have always enjoyed it. Some of the nicest people I've ever met were campers. My parents started out camping in an old station wagon. Mom and Dad slept in the back; Dad made bunk beds for my sister and brother to sleep above them. And I slept in the front seat. Then they bought an old army-type tent and we used that for a while. A pop-up tent trailer was next, followed by an RV, then followed by a larger RV. It got so they weren't doing what I considered camping, not with a stereo, color tv, microwave, etc. But they enjoyed it. Dad would pull in the site, we'd all get out of the car and truck and we all knew our jobs. And we couldn't leave the camp site until our tasks were finished. But once my tasks were done, I was gone. And I never came back until dark. We had camping friends; their kids and I were never around, only for meals. And then gone again. After I started seeing Rick, he would come to wherever we were and spend a day or so with us (much to my dad's dismay).

And when Rick and I got married, we bought a tent and started camping, too. One week our son and I took the tent and went out early in the week and Rick joined us on the weekend. Well, we got into the campground, hit the site, and got out of the car. Three guys were camped next to us and, I guess, they thought they were going to see a show....a woman and her son trying to put the tent up. They actually gathered 'round to watch. Well! We got the tent up in no time, got everything together, started the fire, and we made supper. Sat around the fire that night and the next morning, we made breakfast: bacon and eggs, toast, coffee. And so on throughout that day. The next morning, Rick joined us. One of the guys came over and told Rick we impressed the hell out of them. Rick laughed and said, "She comes from a camping family; there's not much she can't do."

We camped everywhere. Spending the weekend at an amusement park? Camp! Taking our son fishing? Camp! Rick hitting the drag races in Englishtown? Camp! It's what we did.

ETA: The absolute best coffee on the face of this earth is camp coffee!