Question Of The Day - Monday, September 23rd

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I come from a tropical country, so I prefer the months of December to February, when humidity is not that high. And those months are not so typhoon months, just a light rain here and there, which makes the house a bit comfortably colder. I love to watch the raindrops on my window, or one of my dogs happily playing in the rain, while the smell of chocolate porridge is coming from our kitchen. It just reminds me that life is too precious and we have to find joy even when it rains down on you.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The lovely colors, less bugs while sitting on my deck reading, snuggling under a throw, hot cocoa with whipped cream, warm Bomba socks, warm sweatshirts and hoodies, less humidity, that first batch of Chili......I could go on and on....

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm hoping we actually do get some cooler weather soon. Usually I turn the heat on at the beginning of October, but this year I'm still walking around in shorts and t-shirts. It's really humid here and we get hit by typhoons at least once a week.

:sigh:

I'm looking forward to it being cool enough to go horse riding, the Maple Leaf Festival that is held in the next town (great craft markets!) and putting up Halloween decorations.

:fallsmiley:

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fall foods:) I love me my root vegetables! Using the oven again. Using a tiny tiny tiny amount of cinnamon on some baked apples and in pies, hot apple cider.

Then there's the comfy sweaters, cuddling with DH, even the cats get cuddlier in fall. And the crisp air smell.

Of course yesterday was 87 so I'm not quite experiencing the drop in temps yet. Fall is running a little late.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The temps are getting somewhat cooler, the humidity is starting to drop. I might have to mow the yard 2, maybe 3 times yet this year.

The colors of the maple leaves in our yard, watching the leaves drop. Watching Mollipop get fuzzier. For some reason, she really gets fuzzy as the temps drop. Even Rick mentioned the other night that her legs were getting fuzzy again.

Listening to the walnuts fall from the tree to the ground. We have a huge black walnut tree outside of the computer room window and I hear them in the morning. Listening to the geese honking away as they fly over the house on their way south.

Baking with pumpkin and apples: pumpkin bars with orange cream cheese frosting, pumpkin pie, baked pumpkin, toasting pumpkin seeds, apple dumplings, apple pies, apple sauce, apple cake, baking with apple cider. Going down to the apple orchard and choosing our apples. Using the oven to make breads and rolls, braising dinners, playing with sourdough. The smells in the house are just decadent.

Putting autumn decor out. Fall-ish outdoor flags, witches and witch bottles, leafy tablecloths, pumpkins on the hutch.

Even though, I'm a true summer girl, I do like fall; it's what comes after fall that I can do without.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Everything blooming.. it's gorgeous at the moment. :)