Question of the Day - Monday, September 18, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today got away from me again. Plus the weather was good sleeping weather this morning so no one in my house was motivated to keep on schedule.

September is a busy birthday month in my family. Texting makes it easier to last minute send birthday greetings; but sometimes that doesn’t feel right. Especially for older members of my family. So I still send cards to some people.

Do you send birthday cards to anyone?

My nieces and nephews don’t mind something coming via Amazon Prime. ;) But I send cards if they are getting gift cards or money. My inlaws, aunts, uncles, parents, and grandparents get cards. Especially when they are in the beyond wanting/needing anything phase of life.

I found an ad for a company called Fresh Cut Paper that make’s basically large pop up paper bouquets. They are really nice! DS’s godmother loves Hydrangeas so we sent her a bouquet of those from them and she just LOVED it. My grandma liked keeping things up around her so for her they were a great alternative to sending flowers too. It feels nice to send something different to acknowledge special days for people like that.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't send anyone cards, but I will sometimes buy or make one to give in person, if we're getting together for the birthday. Otherwise, a phone call is it. I don't like cards, they are such a waste of money, so I try to find other creative ways to give money to my nieces (the only people who get money as a b-day gift). One time I made an origami flower out of money for one of my nieces...it was really cute.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not anymore. I used to, but quit several years ago. We always sent cards to my parents and to Rick's parents. My brother and SIL and my sister and BIL. We still send to the Grands.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I still send cards and like to receive them as well. I also give gifts to friends or relatives I'm close with to let them know how much I appreciate them. In fact, I'm meeting one of my teacher friends for lunch today and already got her a card and small gift.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I hate cards! I don't like to send them or receive them. I prefer everything digital now. I wouldn't mind a giftcard, but I would rather receive a digital one.

I don't like cash anymore either. My aunt sent me $25 for my birthday, but i gave the cash to my dad & he transfered the money to my debit card so I could spend it at Tim Hortons!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like receing them more than sending them. I generally send only a couple of cards a year. They are either a Cat or Car themed card.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have one friend that sends cards for everything. I try to mail cards out to her but that's about it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No,not anymore.I usually get a card for our son (who turns 53 on Monday...oh my gosh!) and daughter in law.but we always get together for a meal so I'd rather see them in person.I do mail out Christmas cards,and those I print out myself.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since social media's rise I tend to send someone a message on Facebook or Instagram instead of traditional paper cards, but for close friends and relatives I still do send physical cards.