Question of the Day - Monday, September 12, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I accidentally fell asleep reading yesterday evening and took a late nap leading to staying up too late and struggling to get up today. Oops. 🤪 I probably should have just taken a nap earlier in the day like I wanted to. But my coffee is extra tasty this morning so it's all good. I spent Saturday cleaning and purging so I let myself have caffeinated soda to keep going then too. Maybe I need to detox a bit. (My letter t is having issues so if I type something wonky and miss fixing it...sorry!!)

Do you have a favorite Coffee or tea brand?

Lately I've been drinking Lavazza coffee. One of the local grocery store carries it and has had it on sale periodically. It's so yummy!! We had been drinking mostly Dunkin coffee at home because I like to cut the caffeine by mixing half caff and half decaf. I've also enjoyed Petes brand before. And a local one from my hometown that's really good. My Aunt brought it on a trip to visit. DH has been drinking a Great Value one he says he likes but I think it stinks so I've not tried it. :lol: Fortunately he gets up before me and the smell is usually dissipated by the time I'm looking for my own coffee.

For tea I don't have a brand. I like black tea but I also have a ton of herbal teas around here to suit my mood. It's fun to experiment with new flavors too. One of my friends has been mixing her own herbal teas and loving it. But gosh I do not need her to get me into anything like that! 🤪

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really like tea at all, and the only coffee I drink is a vanilla Frappuccino.
Oh those are good. I get one every once in a while as a treat. I have a bottle of Torani vanilla flavoring I use at home for my coffee. I also have caramel and hazelnut syrups from Starbucks but I can't find those in store anymore. I'm not one to visit an actual Starbucks unless I have a gift card. Clients often give DH those at Christmas and he's started just passing them on to me.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Cafe Altura regular roast. I've been drinking it for 45 years. Cafe Altura is one of the first organic coffees and it did not bother my allergies as much as most coffees back my allergies were bad. I like it so I've kept drinking it. I buy whole bean and grind it at home.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get my coffee online from a place called Gregory's. It's local to my area, they have several shops in NYC and surrounds and roast their own beans. I got used to drinking it since they had a store downstairs from my office. Now that I'm working remotely, it's a nice touchstone to my former work in NYC life. And it's excellent coffee. Wish they would open a location near my home because I love their food too (especially many of the vegan choices).

We also use Nespresso pods for when we want espresso or we're lazy as it's good for making quick iced coffees.

If in the mood for a Cuban style I always have a can of Cafe Bustelo in the cabinet.

Tea I'm not as choosy because I can always find decent teas in supermarkets both regular and herbal. I really like Twinings but happy enough to drink something less pricey like Lipton.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I grind my own coffee beans and buy them at a local roastery. I have them every single day and never tire of them. I tend to drink tea during the winter months in the evening and like Celestial Honey Lemon Ginseng. But that first morning cup has to be dark roast coffee.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If in the mood for a Cuban style I always have a can of Cafe Bustelo in the cabinet.
Ooo I do love a good Cuban coffee. I have Cafe Bustelo on hand but I haven’t tried to make one in a while. I can’t help but compare to my Aunts. I know the general concept but i need to practice with her video tutorial she sent me. :redheartpump:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I grind my own coffee beans and buy them at a local roastery. I have them every single day and never tire of them. I tend to drink tea during the winter months in the evening and like Celestial Honey Lemon Ginseng. But that first morning cup has to be dark roast coffee.
That Celestial Honey Lemon Ginseng is delicious, I have some in my cabinet right now!
My parents always would grind coffee beans every morning when I was a kid. They woke up early. Some nights I'd sleep in the living room that was open to the kitchen, and around 6:30AM the coffee grinder would start and I'd hit the ceiling. I always said I wouldn't need coffee at all if my alarm clock sounded like a coffee grinder ;)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite coffee is maxwell house half decaf,and I can't find it anymore.Long story,so I just buy a container of 100% decaf and mix it with the same size (or close)of columbian.Delish and takes care of my caffeine limits.I don't care for straight decaf at all.Tea?Oh my...I have so much in my cabinet!Herbals,green,fruity...love it.My daughter in law keeps me well stocked!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a thing about buying fair trade coffee, so I generally get the O Organics brand because it's fair trade and a reasonable price.

Tea whatever is on sale. I like chai, though.