Question of the Day - Monday, October 9, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It really felt like Autumn this morning! My house was down to 67 when I got up. I had my grocery pickup scheduled for this morning and my son came out to help bring things in with his fleece pajama pants tucked INTO his tall socks and his hoodie tucked into his pajama pants. All with the hood up of course. Oh and in sandals. DD came out in leggings and a long sleeve shirt at first but then went back for an extra long hoodie I found at an outlet store. She also had the hood up and an extra fleece blanket around herself for good measure. :lol: I had a t-shirt and hoodie on with jeans. It wasn't THAT cold. :flail:

I purposely left early for the grocery pickup because I needed a card for my stepmother's birthday later this week. I wanted to add a gift card with it but I got distracted by the Christmas trees and took a wandering through the toy aisles on my way there. And I wanted a coffee from the place in the store. I realized almost as soon as I checked out that I'd forgotten to get a gift card! :rolleyes2::doh: Oops!

How do you prefer to tackle errands? Do you try to get them all done in one day or do you prefer to spraed things out? Fit them between work and regular outings?

I try to do things in one trip whenever possible. But sometimes I need to fit things in or a reason to go out. I can also use the time when my kids have extracurricular stuff to make quick stops so I'm not just sitting there. I feel like I get more done when I can just be home all day; especially during the school year, so I try to limit whatever interrupts school.

My mother is probably the opposite. She likes to have a reason to go somewhere instead of sitting home. So she seems to run out on an almost daily basis. She is way more extroverted than I am. She always used to be going to see one of her older or disabled friends or just catching up with someone. All that go-go-go would wear me out! She said that was one good thing about moving away; it forced her to slow down. (Having her car totaled this summer helped too. :cringe:) But I guess it's also good because she is staying active in her retirement. The new church they found has an exercise group once a week where she is by far the youngest person. They sit in chairs to do most of the exercises. And once a month they go out to lunch afterwards. :lol: And that means she doesn't need an errand as an excuse to get out and do something.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the errands in town, I combine them. Town is a good distance away and it just makes sense to do it all together. Not to mention the gas at well over $4 a gallon.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I try to do errands right after I leave the gym in the morning since I'm already dressed and out. If they're further away from home then I plan them around where I'm going to stop for coffee. 😁

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to group them as much as I can in one trip, but sometimes, I just want to go home after doing a few and I'll deal with it another day. I also often separate errands by the length of time my dogs would be in the car (because they love car rides). If they would be in the car for longer than 15 minutes (except in the summer when I only ever leave them in the car for less than 5 minutes and that's usually when I go to the library to pick up holds), I wouldn't bring them and save those errands for a different trip.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have a whole lot of them. I get a lot of stuff delivered like cat food, litter, most household stuff like paper goods, etc. I do my regular grocery shopping every other week. If something comes up and I need to go out for it then it's an as needed basis.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go to town on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Usually go for coffee once in the morning, and once before I head home, or have one at mom's. Also like to go out to lunch and usually shop afterwards. I usually pick up a few things each time. I fill up my gas tank once a week, either on the Rez or Sunoco. Haven't tried BJs yet, I heard it's cheaper. Sunoco is a little cheaper than Stewarts. They pump it for you on the Reservation, so that's nice. But it takes me about 15 minutes out of my way, even on the back road. They do have 2 Tim Hortons out there though! And another cafe that has cappuccino for $1, but they close at noon. I leave here about 9:30am and try to head home about 4:30pm, so I will be home for dinner at 5pm. It's a 30 minute drive.

Last edited:

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I combine them and go on weekend mornings. I will go as early as possible, for some stores pretty much right as they open, because it's so much easier and less stressful when there are less people in the store.