Question of the Day - Monday, October 17, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Monday. I had my grocery order pickup scheduled for first thing this morning so I got that and stopped to pick up a coffee and then some mums finally. All with a grumpy almost teenager in the front seat. I was going to ask what her problem was but I figured I shouldn't poke a bear. :lol: Mooch however was on a roll. She has always LOVED wet hair. She'll nuzzle and nip at my head if she can get to it when my hairs wet. So when I was putting my sneakers on to go get everything I sat on the couch and pretty much had to guard my ears because my hair was down and wet. She doesn't have the mobility she used to so I'd leaned over for her; but I didn't expect her to go for my ears. :lol:

Do your cats have a time of day they are most active or affectionate?

First thing in the morning Mooch usually spends time in DS's lap on a blanket. Then after she's filled up with breakfast she spends most of the day in her chair and doesn't want much attention. At night after everyone else is in bed is usually when she wants the most attention. She knows if I have a blanket on my lap she can sit on me; so that's her signal. I suspect it's not as comfortable as it used to be for her because she doesn't stay as long; but will move by my side or by my feet depending on how I'm laying there. I usually fall asleep on the couch for a while and when I wake up then she's ready for a lot of loving. Which works because it can take me a bit to get sleepy again. It's like the middle of the night pets and snuggles are our special time.:catlove:

Noodles was always more selective about snuggling. But if I was up in the middle of the night she was going to be with me. If I made a pit stop; she'd be in my pj pants; literally, and attacking any drawstrings. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stretch is most active in the early morning, often appearing as an orange blur as I sit reading and drinking my tea. Most affectionate? At night, when I'm in bed
Digger has no particular times; she can be either at any time of day or night
Prancer is a night cuddler, but a cave cat by day
Bashful is most active in evenings, and cuddles next to me at night, but she will never be a lap cat- it's not in her nature
Miss Eleanor is the ultimate cuddler by day or night; looking for a lap by day or jockeying for a spot in bed by night. Often she can be seen in the mornings playing tag with Stretch.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton is more active mid-morning or right before I get up to go to bed. He's most affectionate when I'm sitting on the sofa in the evening watching tv and he jumps in my lap for cuddles. :lovecat3:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bandit is a early morning cat. He wakes up has something to eat then he's off bouncing of the walls for a good hour before sleeping normally next to the hubby who he had woken up to watch him.
Patches is a night cat. He usually decides to have the zoomies just before bedtime. Then he's a cuddle bug when I go to bed. After laying on my chest and suckling my shoulder he's chilled and goes to sleep with my son cuddling him.

Peaches&Mango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My guys are all real love bugs so their most active or affectionate time is in the morning or when I get home from work, they’re all over me and seem really glad I’m finally home/awake haha. Purring, chirping, flopping on my lap, jumping on my shoulder, licking my face, I’m covered in them 😂 but around these times they do love to lay on me or around me generally, they don’t spend a lot of time away from me admittedly, really becoming a crazy cat lady ❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Active depends. Affectionate - Lelia has taken to sitting on my lap and wanting to cuddle in that period of time after I get J in her crib and go to bed myself.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola is a Velcro cat and will demand attention, petting, and belly rubs any time I stand still or sit for a moment. Willow, on the other hand only comes up for a few pets when I am sitting in in the recliner or laying in bed. If she wants more heavy duty cuddles she will lay on the top of the recliner and drape herself over the top of my head.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty much at night, although if our butts hit the couch even during the day, the girls hit our laps. Molli is my girl at night; when she's ready to go up to her pillow behind my head, though, Muffin comes right in to take her place. Tabby is not a lap cat at all, but she is affectionate in her own way.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At night or when he wants his food is when Toffee is the most affectionate lol, but he's a very loving cat in general so I don't notice a particularly specific time he starts to get more affectionate than usual.