Question of the Day - Monday, November 8, 2021

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is a gorgeous fall day here! We had several freezing nights last week and through the weekend. Today? I've got a window cracked, killed a mosquito inside the house, and spotted a bumblebee outside on the flowers I still haven't pulled in. (And this is why!) If I can get my kids through their school work quickly we might squeeze in a walk before dark. (Grrr time change!)

If you could be immortal, what age would you choose to stop aging at and why?

I think I'd stop at about 33/35. You are young; but adult enough to be taken seriously pretty much anywhere. I think my 20 year old body would be preferable; but having that work and life experience behind you helps so much. So I wouldn't go below 30. Having people try to take advantage of your "youth" would get old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm... I want to say 25 because I heard that's when your brain fully develops. I'm only 22 right now so I'd want to reach that milestone and then stop aging. If that age isn't 25 then whatever age the brain fully develops is when I want to become immortal.
I could possibly do 25. I didn’t really feel like an adult around other adults at 25 even though DH and I had been married for several years. Didn’t really feel like an adult until I was in my 30s and had done things like buying a house and having a child. I’d been through a layoff too. I think the experiences are what made the difference for me.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably around 26 - Young enough to be considered youthful but old enough to be taken seriously.

That or around 32, with still the same premise as above but likely more secure in a career or growing into it. Plus still being able to physically be able to do stuff overall too! (I'm pretty active) while being more mature. And I'm not going to have children no matter what so that won't be a factor.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
18, at an age when we start to become adults but still a child at heart; at an age when we usually meet our first love and learn to keep him/her this time and never let go; at an age when responsibilities are still not that many and problems do not yet keep us awake at nights; at an age when we can look at the mirror and still not see a frail and weary stranger looking back at us.