Question of the Day - Monday, November 20, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for the extreme lateness again. I’m in prep mode for Thanksgiving plus still having school with my kids and I never got my laptop open to the site yesterday.

I’ve been using this prep time to hang some wall decor that I’ve had waiting for ages. Some is new but other pieces I have taken down during home projects or just adding new furniture. I’m happy with how things look finally. I just don’t like empty walls. My mom has been trying to keep her walls fairly empty at her new house and I can tell it’s bugging her. I guess we are the same and just don’t enjoy the minimalist look. Now my friends mom is a maximalist I guess. It works for her but gosh I’m glad I don’t have to dust her walls! :lol: I’m happy somewhere in the middle.

How do like the walls of your home decorated?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a gallery wall in my office/dining room and that's the place with the most stuff on a wall. Everywhere else has one, maybe two things on it per wall or nothing at all. I'm planning on painting my living room in the next year, so I should be redoing things then.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH loves oil paintings signed by the artist or limited prints and hunts for them at house/estate sales. I have to hold him back somewhat or our walls would be covered with them. Sometimes he brings them in the house and hides them behind a piece of furniture.:biggrin:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the walls with minimal coverage. My livingroom and diningroom has mainly pictures of Places that I have Visited. My stairwell to the basement has several Lithographs, Framed posters of cars of my past. Hallway has Military Memorabilia.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have mostly animal prints. Big cats. There isn't many places you can go in my house and not see a picture of an African animal. And Noah's Ark. Animals everywhere. However, I was in a thrift store and was seriously looking at some wooden boxes. A large print also caught my eye. The owner told me she would sell it to me for $10.00 if I bought the boxes, because she needed the space. I bought the boxes but didn't take the print, thinking it was so big there was no place to put it.

I couldn't get that print out of my mind. We went back a few weeks later and it was still there. I asked her if she would make me the same deal. She agreed and DH put it up in the kitchen. It doesn't exactly fit in with the rest of the house, but I think it's pretty. It looked new and you couldn't beat the price. I noticed the artist's name on the bottom of the painting and did an online search for her. I contacted her (she was easy to find, since she is apparently a fairly well-known artist). I asked if it was her artwork, since she has added her married name to her signature now. She was so nice! She said that it was, and the painting is part of a two series set. The originals hang in her mother's home. Sorry, I always tell a long-drawn-out story, but I thought this was kind of neat. Below is the print. If you can look closely, you can see the reflection of the light fixture that DH took the globe from and never put back. And it has been several weeks! Oh, and the picture doesn't hang crooked. That is yet another example of my brilliant photography skills.

20230930_073722.jpg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have a few prints on our walls, but overall, not a lot. My spice cabinets in the kitchen. Some cat prints in the living room. The catgoyle in the hallway. And some prints in the computer room. There's nothing in the bedroom.

I've been looking for something for the bathroom, but nothing has tripped my trigger yet. Same with the bedroom. I guess I just don't think about it.

Love that print, nurseangel nurseangel !
And your cat prints, too, catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback !

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None. Too hard to clean. The less clutter to dust, the better

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Various pictures of things,wall hangings, counted cross stitch made by my mother or sister, and a diamond dot painting my sister's friend did of my RB kitty Swanie. Oh and a couple calendars. Husband hung them except the calendars and the diamond dot painting. I don't honestly care what's on the walls. I have no decorator instinct whatsoever.