Question of the Day - Monday, May 4, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy May! It's almost Summer! Or Winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere. We've had some hot days here. My heat has been off and I haven't had ot use the AC yet. We don't generally hold off on that though. But now I'm ready to change bedding!

How many blankets do you keep on the bed?

In the winter DH and I have a blanket and comforter. In the summer we usually just have a comforter. Sometimes in the winter I add an extra blanket just on my side.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I both have our own comforter because he is a blanket thief. In the winter, I have my comforter, a hand-knit blanket, and a sheet. During the fall and spring, it is the same except for the hand-knit. During the summer, I sometimes think I want just a sheet, but I really need my sheet and comforter. During the summer, he sleeps with a sheet.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
One quilt, a blanket, and a few throws in the winter, In the summer, one quilt, one blanket, always have a throw or
two at the end of the bed if needed. Cal has her own throws

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Winter: down duvet with flannel cover
Summer: cotton sheets, cotton duvet cover (without the duvet)
I just got new organic cotton sheets from Muji and I love them. I love textured, natural fabric!

We are having a warm snap right now so I have turned on the A/C for a couple of hours over the weekend, just to take the humidity out of the air, because my body def hasn't adjusted. It's my first summer with Puar, so I'm bracing for higher than normal A/C costs. I will probably keep the A/C on at 24C from June to October. I make up for it by never turning on the heater during the winter (except for hot water).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One blanket and one comforter. When it gets hotter, just a top sheet and fold the blanket/comforter up at the end of the bed in case I need them.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At the moment I have 3: a comforter from a bed-in-a-bag-set, a down comforter on top of that (yes, it's May and getting warm but I still have a down comforter on the bed:paperbag:), and a pet blanket covering half the bed. The down comforter will be put into storage soon. Then it'll just be the regular comforter and the pet blanket until it gets too warm and then I have to put the comforter in storage and pull out the lighter blanket / quilt.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Along with our sheets, I have one (electric) blanket and one comforter. When the weather warms up, we'll take the comforter off and put it in the closet. Last year, I don't think we ever took the electric blanket off the bed, just kept it folded at the foot.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Two layers of blankets. I prefer lighter layers because they are easier to launder and because I get warm during the night and can kick a layer off easily.

One is actually a flannel sheet that makes a nice lightweight blanket and is on the bed most of the year except for summer. And then on top of that is a either a fleece blanket/bedspread (winter), a Chenille blanket/bedspread (fall and spring ) or a cotton blanket/bedspread (summer).

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I just replaced a sheet with a light throw over it with a wool duvet for our winter.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three usually. I usually sleep with two in the winter and the third one is there if I'm extra cold. In the summer, I will either sleep with a bed sheet or if the air conditioning is on, then just one blanket.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have a thick duvet on my bed in the winter and then two or one cotton sheets in the summer depending on how hot it is. Sometimes I have one cotton sheet and a throw.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Two thick blankets for winter and as the temperature rises, I'll use only one of them. If it gets really hot though, I'll remove the thick blankets and just use a thin sheet. But Canadian weather can be peculiar sometimes so I always keep a thick blanket on hand in the summer in case the temperature drops and it gets chilly.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the winter,I use flannel sheets,a fleece blanket and I have a down alternative quilt I just love.This time of year thru the fall I use cotton sheets (love my northern nights sheets!)and the quilt and that's it.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In winter there is usually a sheet, electric blanket (I never turn my side on) and a quilt. My husband is cold natured. If he wasn't I would probably just have the sheet and quilt. Of course I am not counting the multiple cats who pile up on top of me! In summer we keep a quilt and sheet on for him, I tend to kick the quilt off.