Question Of The Day - Monday, May 27, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's officially summer for us; so I'm making my grocery list and trying to think different!

What is your favorite non-meat to grill? Your favorite side dish when your grilling?

I think my favorite is either kebabs or veggie packets with summer squash, onions and peppers. :yummy:

For side dishes I love any kind of pasta salad. But this tortellini caprese pasta salad is a huge favorite in my house! Right now I'm wondering why it isn't on this week's menu? :think: :yummy:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like some fruits grilled. Pineapple and watermelon are both good and later on peaches. I like a fresh veggie salad the best. I have partly talked myself into that because I have been trying to cut back on things like pasta.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man it's a good thing I'm not hungry... If we ever had a huge TCS BBQ we would all eat soo good!! :yummy: :lol:

Although you can all have my pineapple. I LOVE fresh pineapple; but I don't like it warm unless we are talking fresh pineapple upside down cake. :yummy: :lol2:

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love veggie kebobs, too, and potato salad as a side. I put parsley, sliced green olives, and a grated hard-boiled egg in mine. The egg adds richness to the salad. My favorite fruit salad is cantaloupe and black cherries sprinkled with the juice of a lime and a teaspoon of sugar.
That's it we are eating at yours! Now I am hungry and it's 1:30 am. I've got a box of salines and some left-over arroz con pollo:(

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't grill, as it would just be me to grill for.

however, i do really like grilled zucchini. i'm sure i'd like grilled pineapple, as i love pineapple. veggie kabobs are good, too!

as for sides, i like a good macaroni salad, as well as potato salad -- the homemade kind of both. i really like marinated salads, like the tomato, cucumber, and onion marinated salad i enjoyed recently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love veggie kebobs, too, and potato salad as a side. I put parsley, sliced green olives, and a grated hard-boiled egg in mine. The egg adds richness to the salad. My favorite fruit salad is cantaloupe and black cherries sprinkled with the juice of a lime and a teaspoon of sugar.
I put eggs in my potato salad too but I've not tried green olives. I do put those in egg salad so I can't see why I wouldn't like them in potato salad too. I like celery diced for crunch and a bit of dijon mustard.

I definitely am getting food ideas off this thread! :yummy: