Question of the Day - Monday, May 1, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for the late question; but it’s technically still Monday here! :lol:

What is your favorite flavor of cake?

I’m not really a big cake eater but the other day I was looking at pictures from when my dad got DS a Cannoli cake for his birthday party from an amazing old bakery in my hometown. That sounds SO good right now. It had peaches in the middle too. Their rum cake is also amazing.

Otherwise I’ll ask for chocolate cupcakes with cherries in the center for my own birthday. I used to ask for my grandma’s apple pie squares instead of cake. It was her specialty!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I think for me it’s the situation. So, say it was pouring rain and I was hitchiking through Scotland, Ireland or Wales at Christmas. Then yes pleease, take me in, let me have a piece of your homemade spice cake (pudding) and a Guinness or whisky & please please let me come in out of the cold!

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am more of a pie eater. I like a moist dark chocolate cake with white frosting. Giant Eagle has a white almond cake with white frosting and a raspberry filling that is good. I don't go to Giant Eagle very often but they sell it in the small cake for two packages and I usually get it when I do go to Giant Eagle. I like the flavor of carrot cake but it is so often dry and I don't like a dry cake.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
German Chocolate cake is my favorite. But I'll go for anything that don't have chocolate frosting. Chocolate frosting is too heavy and gritty for me.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a huge fan of cake, it's usually too sweet. But I will eat a piece now and then if it's available, but not particular favorite.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Anybody who knows me knows that I love a good three-layer white coconut cake. Cream of coconut in the cake, layered with filling and coconut, surrounded by a fluffy cloud of white coconut. And extra coconut on top. Life doesn't get much better than that.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A plain yellow cake with a good chocolate frosting would be top of my list. I will sometimes bake yellow cupcakes and freeze them. Then I can take one out at a time, thaw and frost it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I’m not a fan of cake, but I make an exception for Costco’s Tuxedo Chocolate Mousse Cake! Scrumptious! :yummy:
That is my husband's absolute favorite. Since we don't have a membership to Costco he has asked a few of his friends to get it for him.

I love a good chocolate lava cake served warm.