Question of the Day - Monday, March 7, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are definitely seeing signs of spring here!! I have yellow and purple crocus blooming. Daffodils are up and blooming. My lilacs are getting buds. My irises are coming up along with the tulips and daffodils (my daffodils are always late because they face the wrong way to get the right sun). The robins are back out. I bet we'll have flowers on the trees soon!

What is your favorite sign of spring?

I love seeing the crocus come up and bloom. But I think the Robins are my favorite. I used to call my Grandparents every year to let them know when we spotted the first robin. Our spring is usually a month before thiers; so it was our little way of saying winter is ending. The last time I talked to Grandpa I told him we were expecting the robins any day. This year's robins were a little bittersweet. :redheartpump:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby snake is getting bigger too, would you like pictures? :tongue:

(Ok, I know I'm biased but I do think baby snakes are cuter than tarantulas any day, but still, a lot of people are freaked out by them.)
Baby snake's are soooooo cute so tiny and qwick. Not so impressed with spiders all those legs but as long as I'm not holding spiders they are pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
my tarantulas begin to grow faster
My baby snake is getting bigger too, would you like pictures?
Now I will always think of tarantulas and snakes when there is a change of season. LOL.
I love all animals, but the thought of them inside my house gives me the headache. But don't get me wrong, I am fascinated by them. So please can you share photos? :)

Back to the question, I envy you guys. What I have here is only Hot and Cold season. I wish I could also see the changing colors of leaves, birds singing and rejoicing the beginning of the warmer days, flowers of all shapes and colors bloom. The only thing that reminds me of the change in season is my wardrobe change. :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby snake is getting bigger too, would you like pictures? :tongue:

(Ok, I know I'm biased but I do think baby snakes are cuter than tarantulas any day, but still, a lot of people are freaked out by them.)
yes! what kind? and how many snakes do you :biggrin: keep?i used to keep a few years ago before tarantulas

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
"Things" poking through the ground. It's almost like a treasure hunt, looking for the first sign of daffodils, hosta, lilies, etc. Seeing leaf buds on trees. We have a redbud in the front yard and the things looks like a red cloud when it's blooming. These are all promises of what's to come.

I was over at the WeShed the other day, looking for the daffodils that we had planted last year. They're up!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daffodils and watching the birds carrying twigs and moss starting to make their nests.
I have a pair of robins that keep building their nests in a monstrous trumpet vine that dwarfs its arbor. The poor robins chose a bad location and keep repeating their mistake. Something always gets their eggs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not my favorite, but it is a sign of spring
View attachment 413019
Oh that’s definitely a sign of spring for any town that sees a lot of plowing and salting! :crazy: Its not too bad here; but where my family lives someone might think you’re driving drunk when you’re just trying to avoid the potholes!:lol: