Question Of The Day - Monday, March 4, 2019

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really care for lollipops. Sometimes I'll take a freebie from the bank. I guess it's because mom used to have a bucket of really old Dum Dum lollipops while I was growing up. Those lollipops were so old that they were sticky and gross and dust covered under the wrapper :barfgreen: And they were all pineapple flavored.
Oh I don't blame you. I'd enjoy the flavor as an adult but not as a kid. And dusty? Yeah; that'll turn you off for life.

Dum Dums are a favorite with my kids and I. I like the flavor variety (on the rare occasion I grab one) but also that they aren't so big. I keep a bag around as a reward for something particularly unpleasant. ;)

I've also heard they are just as good as cough drops for soothing sore throats. I got the kids the actual cough drop lollipops once and both kids were so grossed out it was a complete waste of money. :rolleyes: The Dum Dums don't have menthol or anything; but they say if you remove that from the cough drop you've essentially got just a piece of candy anyway.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm choosing the brand I'd go with Blow Pops and Green Apple as my flavor. :yummy: Watermelon would be my runner up.:thumbsup:

One of my classes in college was so boring I had one every class to stay awake. (Building & Structural Materials...:sleep: I mean come on now...:sleep2: They were an investment in my education!)
You want boring? Try statistics. What ticked the professor off most was that I got an 'A' while mostly ignoring him in class.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You want boring? Try statistics. What ticked the professor off most was that I got an 'A' while mostly ignoring him in class.
:lol: Any math is boring (says the Mom about to teach math...). But talking about soil for 6 classes? That was something like 12 hours of lecture time. :crazy: Steel? I can fine some interest in discussing the composition of bricks and mortar; but there is a limit. I wondered how any of us passed that class because the exams were written when most of us were toddlers and had NOTHING to do with the text book or the lectures. :lol2:

This is the same class I was in (literally) when 9/11 happened and he spent I don't know how long explaining why the towers would not fall due to the various aspects of their design. Meanwhile my (prepaid!) cell phone was ringing in my purse because my step-brother was a student at NYU and of course couldn't be reached so my mother was trying to get ahold of me. Memories. We also watched "The Towering Inferno" in one of his classes to identify building code violations and design errors. :crazy: Looking back that sounds a bit inappropriate in the light of what we'd all just witnessed with 9/11 but I never took it that way then.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd say that orange or grape lollipops are my favorite. :D i'll add that the only place i get them is at my bank. they have the really inexpensive kind, which i don't mind except that the cherry flavored ones taste like sucrets cough drops......:barf:

my previous bank had Dum-Dum's, which are great! :agree:

I never could stand Dum-Dum's. I thought they were cheap. My favorites are the cherry blow pops.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I loved statistics which is surprising because I hate math in general. I had a really wacky goofball of a professor who actually made statistics fun :einstein:

No Dum Dums for me ever again :headshake: :barf:I used to like those Ring Pops as a kid, cherry flavor I think.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't had a lollipop in so long! Not since I was too old to go to the pediatrician anymore.

:lol:

Our doctor used to give you lollies with vitamin C in them, I think I used to always go for the red ones but I can't remember what flavour they were.