Question Of The Day - Monday, July 8, 2019

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Washing dishes by hand for a few months last winter was not fun. DD helped a lot but I still did the actual washing part most of the time. I'm still so thankful the 2nd service guy was able to fix it! :agree: I had finally broken down and bought a supply of paper plates to help ease the load.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dishwasher broke a few months ago and I SWORE I was going to replace it right away.
Yeah, but don't you have to rinse the dishes anyway, before putting them into the dishwasher? Probably quicker just to do them by hand. You can wear gloves. :D

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but don't you have to rinse the dishes anyway, before putting them into the dishwasher?
No. I wouldn't bother having a dishwasher if I had to do that. Newer dishwashers can handle anything, plus I use Cascade Platinum, which really does work better than other brands/types.

And I hate gloves. Especially dishwashing gloves because the water always gets inside and feels gross. But I also hate winter gloves, unfortunately! :cold:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. I wouldn't bother having a dishwasher if I had to do that. Newer dishwashers can handle anything, plus I use Cascade Platinum, which really does work better than other brands/types.

Food debris that gets washed off the dishes end up in the trap / filter at the bottom of the machine. If that doesn't get cleaned out regularly, your dishwasher will get stinky inside :barfgreen: and it will take longer for the waste water to drain. Just pull out the bottom basket to access the bottom of the machine. There's a trap / filter there. It may be easily removed or you may need to take another part off first. Check the dishwasher manual or Google it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made it through the majority of the dusting today. Lets just say I'm glad none of you were here to witness it because apparently I skipped my bedroom ceiling fan when I dusted the last time. :paperbag:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Food debris that gets washed off the dishes end up in the trap / filter at the bottom of the machine. If that doesn't get cleaned out regularly, your dishwasher will get stinky inside :barfgreen: and it will take longer for the waste water to drain. Just pull out the bottom basket to access the bottom of the machine. There's a trap / filter there. It may be easily removed or you may need to take another part off first. Check the dishwasher manual or Google it.
I heard that, but I never was able to find the filter on my old one. But that's not what broke; it's an electrical problem. Probably repairable but since the dishwasher is older than 10 years and not high-end I'm just going to get a new one. Eventually! :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't think there is anything I go out of my way to avoid doing. As long as I have enough caffeine in my system I can tackle anything.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The filter / trap has to be in the bottom of the machine because it's also where water drains through. Usually the spray arm doesn't need to be removed because the filter / trap is it's own little thing off to the side but who knows with older machines?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
since the dishwasher is older than 10 years and not high-end I'm just going to get a new one.
Now you can get a new model with more fun features. I'm sure features have improved a lot in 10 years. :thumbsup: